• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everett Raymond Kinstler
4 4

155 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fett said:

just noticed they replaced the two firing guns off of the original cover. :) 

Somewhere I think I may still have some beater copies of post-Code westerns that reprinted pre-Code stories.  As I recall, the changes were really crudely done, mainly by whiting out anything that the Code might have found objectionable. 

5 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

My ignorance here is a bit embarrassing. 

I saw the title of the thread and thought it was a poll. It was a tough choice, but I was gonna vote for Alex Raymond. 

lol  That never occurred to me before:  Three great artists in one name! :)

2 hours ago, damonwad said:

Also, U.S. Tank Commando #3 even has those rectangular thumb nails.

Wow. I'd forgotten about it. You had me digging into boxes tucked in the back. Hopefully someone (you?) has a better copy to share - I'll include the inside front cover too.

US Tank Commandos 3.jpg

US Tank Commandos 3 IFC.jpg

2 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Wow. I'd forgotten about it. You had me digging into boxes tucked in the back. Hopefully someone (you?) has a better copy to share - I'll include the inside front cover too.

US Tank Commandos 3.jpg

US Tank Commandos 3 IFC.jpg

I still need a copy of this one.  Another great inside cover too.

Here's my only U.S. Tank Commandos. I must have misplaced it though so no inside pics.

U.S. Tank Commandos #2.JPG

9 hours ago, Scrooge said:

And since I was in the box, I pulled out a few others -

War Dogs US Army 1.jpg

War Dogs US Army 1 IFC.jpg

Is it just me, or are his inside covers actually better than his covers?  Obviously, they are more text heavy as he tries to cover the contents of the book, but they are really knocking me out. 

Avon gave Kinstier responsibility for the interior cover sketches across all their titles.  All of those illos are b&w.