• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of Bizarro

10 posts in this topic

It sounds wierd to say that I am a fan of Bizarro - so it might be better to say: Bizarro holds a soft spot in my fanboy heart. Klunky and awkward. Never quite as good as the man of steel.

Just added this Bizarro piece to my CAF.  A fun cartoony interpretation by Terry Dodson.

Inviting others who like the guy to post some art and share in Bizarro Love.

CAF link

Zl0jc0rY_1702171025201sbpi.jpg

I've no love to share, regretfully, since Bizarro has never been the focus of my unfocused collection. Your original is terrific, though. The Dodson have done a stellar job here.

It's been years since I have read a Bizarro take. Does he paint his nails these days? Wear eyeliner? Is there a history of Bizarro manscaping that I've missed?

1 hour ago, Hal Turner said:

Is there a history of Bizarro manscaping that I've missed?

Probably.

Actually the tone of harley quinn comics is kind of a silly one - and this issue stems from a few years back. So the proper answer might be .. not usually.

Edited by Panelfan1

12 hours ago, Khazano said:

Oh I'll play. Ed / Loeb's run was one of the runs that got me back into comics in the early 2000s. This was the first book I ever actually read with Bizzaro in it too. 

superman181cover.jpg

Love that cover and read these issues purely for the art at first. This run put Ed on the map in the biz!

On 2/21/2019 at 6:52 AM, Oddball said:

No love for Bizarro? Always wanted to see him pop up in a Superman movie. I guess he almost did for Superman IV. There’s cut footage out there on YouTube.

CE1B10E8-1E6A-49BB-BB66-34D9B3EFE513.jpeg

005201A3-A399-4FA2-BA01-EC9D7F00D89B.jpeg

i have to admit that while I am 'grossed out' by the realism - that 2nd image is fantastic! is the artist of the 2nd image the same as the first?