• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When did the Yellow Label debut and earliest known Yellow?

19 posts in this topic

What is the earliest known CGC Yellow label?

Know who the signer was on the first?

I know that CGC made it's debut in early 2000 and was wondering if the Yellow program made it's debut the same year or was the idea constructed later?

Just looking for a little history.

Thanks!

2002 The first convention SS was ever available at was the 2002 Pittsburg Comic-con.  One of the first signers was Al WIlliamson.  There are 2 signed by him.  Before that I believe there was a Catwoman signing with Darwyn Cooke and a Signing with somebody from topcow.  

1 minute ago, SignatureSelect said:

2002 The first convention SS was ever available at was the 2002 Pittsburg Comic-con.  One of the first signers was Al WIlliamson.  There are 2 signed by him.  Before that I believe there was a Catwoman signing with Darwyn Cooke and a Signing with somebody from topcow.  

There are two Williamsons?  I was only aware of the one Wolverine.  

I think Bronze age fan has the Wolverine. I used to send him a PM once a year to ask if it was for sale. He was always very polite in declining and I've since decided it's just not going to be in my collection and let it go.....

17 hours ago, Harley Troy said:

I think Bronze age fan has the Wolverine. I used to send him a PM once a year to ask if it was for sale. He was always very polite in declining and I've since decided it's just not going to be in my collection and let it go.....

I was wondering what happened to your annual PMs...

Edited by alwaysbronze

2 hours ago, alwaysbronze said:

I was wondering what happened to your annual PMs...

Sometimes you just have to let some books go. However.........I'm always willing to open a place in my collection should you ever decide to let it go!!!!!!