• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A great 'enhancement?' for cgc --> registry

3 posts in this topic

It would be really cool to be able to add all of the books from an invoice to the registry directly.. (id also love to have the certification # on the invoice.. but i know that would slow things down..)

• Administrator
18 hours ago, comxdlr said:

It would be really cool to be able to add all of the books from an invoice to the registry directly.. (id also love to have the certification # on the invoice.. but i know that would slow things down..)

I will bring up the idea of an invoice having the option to be added automatically to the Registry, but I foresee a bunch of problems. Books that aren't in the Registry yet, books that get sold immediately, upgrading a slot to the better book, etc.... it sounds like a programming nightmare and something that would add yet another hurdle to an already shaky database. I'm still trying to get the scoring update on solid ground to start making changes. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, there's always a chance, but if we were to ever look into it, it would be years down the road.

The Certification Number is on every invoice already, you just didn't realize. A certification number is the invoice number and the the line number... So the second book on invoice 123456 would be 123456002.

I hope this helps.

Best-

ahhh very good to know.. ok that would work too I get the programming nightmare :)  just a thought.. guess i shouldnt ask for the ability to add a picture to the registry for each version of the book :) hehehe 

Thanks.. that should help me out with not having to go hunt for books to put in cert numbers etc