• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

African-American Comics
3 3

155 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

This is the raw copy that was on eBay a couple of months ago.  People who followed that auction may remember that the seller was hinting that the pages could be brittle, so I held my breath when submitting it.  Happy with how it came back.

2017-09-08-0001_zpsd6klwtqo.jpg

Congrats!  What a tough issue too.   All-Negro has for years been touted as "rare" but I've found over the years that all four issues of NR are much scarcer than All-Negro. 

39 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

This is the raw copy that was on eBay a couple of months ago.  People who followed that auction may remember that the seller was hinting that the pages could be brittle, so I held my breath when submitting it.  Happy with how it came back.

2017-09-08-0001_zpsd6klwtqo.jpg

Sometimes you just luck out with ebay.Very nice !

3 hours ago, Tsp99 said:

Congrats!  What a tough issue too.   All-Negro has for years been touted as "rare" but I've found over the years that all four issues of NR are much scarcer than All-Negro. 

I agree with you on that.  You see a lot of copies of All-Negro around, but the NRs rarely come up.

I just noticed that the label on this one says "Last issue."  So, apparently CGC doesn't count the Charlton Negro Romances 4 as being in the same series. hm

15 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I agree with you on that.  You see a lot of copies of All-Negro around, but the NRs rarely come up.

I just noticed that the label on this one says "Last issue."  So, apparently CGC doesn't count the Charlton Negro Romances 4 as being in the same series. hm

Maybe the switch from Fawcett to Charlton and 5 year gap between #3 and #4 threw them off?   No question #4 is the last one before the series became Romantic Secrets with issue 5.   

20 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Do you have all four issues, Tony?

I really regret passing on the low-grade #4 on ComicConnect a few years back. Haven't seen another since.

On 9/9/2017 at 4:16 PM, Point Five said:
On 9/8/2017 at 7:32 PM, Sqeggs said:

Do you have all four issues, Tony?

I really regret passing on the low-grade #4 on ComicConnect a few years back. Haven't seen another since.

Really late replying to this one. :sorry:

I only have issues 3 and 4.  Love to locate the other two.

29 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Really late replying to this one. :sorry:

I only have issues 3 and 4.  Love to locate the other two.

Oh man, I passed on a full longbox of #1s and #2s in the fall. If only you'd responded sooner!  :cry:

Congrats on the Street Where You Live book, very cool.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Oh man, I passed on a full longbox of #1s and #2s in the fall. If only you'd responded sooner!  :cry:

Congrats on the Street Where You Live book, very cool.  (thumbsu

I think it's sign of genuine scarcity (or the tight attachment collectors have for a book) when escalating prices don't bring more copies to market.