• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

African-American Comics
3 3

155 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bo_Hogg1 said:

This is a rare NAACP comic

Future 001.jpg

Cool!  

Did you not get your account from the old boards merged with your new one?  I think they can fix that for you if you want.

Female Matt Baker?

Never heard of Jackie Ormes nor was I familiar with her work. But she is receiving The Eisner Award this year. Here are some pics of her work and a link to her story from The Washington Post. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2018/01/19/the-rediscovered-legacy-of-jackie-ormes-the-first-black-woman-with-a-syndicated-comic-strip/?utm_term=.5316717d5902

jackieormes.jpg

jacki o.jpg

jo.jpg

PJ_cartoon_large.jpg

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Female Matt Baker?

Never heard of Jackie Ormes nor was I familiar with her work. But she is receiving The Eisner Award this year. Here are some pics of her work and a link to her story from The Washington Post. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2018/01/19/the-rediscovered-legacy-of-jackie-ormes-the-first-black-woman-with-a-syndicated-comic-strip/?utm_term=.5316717d5902

jackieormes.jpg

jacki o.jpg

jo.jpg

PJ_cartoon_large.jpg

Very interesting.  Thanks for posting it.

3 hours ago, eccomic said:

I bought a copy.  Worth the price, I think.  But a word of caution:  My copy arrived with minimal packaging.  Luckily it was undamaged, but it might well have been.  So anyone who buys a copy might want to suggest that he mail it between two pieces of cardboard thick enough so the book can't be bent by the mail carrier.  

1 hour ago, eccomic said:

The only 2 NAACP comics published 

IMG_6003.JPG

Interesting.  I didn't realize they were the only two.  Their scarcity seems to indicate that the NAACP didn't have a good means of getting them into circulation.