• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Summer Auction
1 1

183 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, fsumavila said:

what did the Hush page end at?

$9,560.  After a few minutes to recollect, I'm not sure my initial reaction of "yikes" is appropriate due to the final number, but I was bidding on it and you know...emotions and all. 

5 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Ahhhh!   I missed that, thanks!

Yeah, sorry, I was reacting to the What it? both the final number and the intensity of the bidding activity. 

Some nice Kirby pieces in this auction. I like the X-Men action page with Iceman in the bottom panel, but $26k is a lot more than I can afford to spend. If you just like Kirby and don't care too much about the title or characters, the Kamandi stuff went for very reasonable prices. I think the panel page with the horses was a good value. Congrats if one of you got that page. 

In the Battle of the Alan Moore Books.

Swamp Thing #20 gets beat by Watchmen who themselves get beat by V for Vendetta

Just now, Bronty said:

Oh, that swamp thing page looked gorgeous, I gotta see what that went for..

I think $2900......gonna check too.

5 minutes ago, Bronty said:

20k!  gotta be a record at auction for a V for Vendetta panel?

I believe that is an auction record. Still far from private sales of the last couple of years, though.

Still, this did much better than I had predicted. The main reason being that it isn't really  V on the page. It's the cloak and mask propped up on a coat rack. But maybe the bidders didn't care. Maybe the mask has become so iconic, that it's all that matters. Regardless, congrats to seller and buyer.

Edited by Nexus

Just now, Nexus said:

I believe that is an auction record. Still far from private sales of the last couple of years, though.

Still, this did much better than I had predicted. The main reason being that that isn't really  V. It's the cloak and mask propped up on a coat rack. But maybe the bidders didn't care. Maybe the mask has become so iconic, that it's all that matters.

Yeah, it probably didn't matter...they can't pull off the mask and see the coat rack. lol 

2 minutes ago, Bronty said:

WTF!    2900 it is.   that was real cheap IMO.... wow.

Nice looking left hand margin for sure. It was Day/Totleben. I wonder if it were Bissette/Totleben where it would have ended. 

14 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Nice looking left hand margin for sure. It was Day/Totleben. I wonder if it were Bissette/Totleben where it would have ended. 

Shouldn't matter much; again, classic issue.   If I had dreamed it would end that cheap I would have been bidding.

My valuation centers on principles espoused as the "Hoberg Defense."