• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waiting on CGC SS Stan Lee Awesome Con
1 1

43 posts in this topic

I got an Amazing Spiderman Issue 100 signed by Stan Lee and then submitted to CGC from I'm assuming "Stan Lee Collectibles" and paid (I think too much $156) which included express shipping which is supposed to be around half of the 50 day standard. It has nearly been two months since the con and I have not yet received anything yet, is this normal or should I be worried? Because I am worried.

Edited by tommydee89

56 minutes ago, tommydee89 said:

I got an Amazing Spiderman Issue 100 signed by Stan Lee and then submitted to CGC from I'm assuming "Stan Lee Collectibles" and paid (I think too much $156) which included express shipping which is supposed to be around half of the 50 day standard. It has nearly been two months since the con and I have not yet received anything yet, is this normal or should I be worried? Because I am worried.

I would contact whoever you paid.  And if the $156 included the signing fee, it doesn't sound too bad.

I will also say this.  Some facilitators with less scruples don't tell their customers that they even though they paid CGC for 'express' or 'fast track' or something, that the facilitator themselves do not submit the book right away, up to even a month or two later.  EVEN THOUGH CGC IS AT THE SAME FREAKING CON THE SIGNING OCCURRED AT.

Anastasia's for example has done this to me.  I personally had the book signed by Stan and we expected the book to be back in two months at the latest with fast track, but it came back 3.5 months later, so a book that was meant to be taken internationally with a person had to mailed later at MY cost.  I even mentioned it to DEREK at the time I was filling out the form.  Upon confrontation the facilitator promised a voucher for a free Stan Sig instead of a refund.  But I've since emailed him about it and he hasn't responded for a month.  Pathetic.

Edited by revat

21 hours ago, SuperGrover said:
21 hours ago, tommydee89 said:

Is there a better way to contact Anastasias collectibles the fb?

I just emailed them and they responded "fairly" timely. My Stan sig books from them took two & half months.

I emailed them a month ago and they answered 'never'. Pathetic.

Derek's contact info is still on their website... try calling him?
http://www.anastasiascollectibles.com/

It's listed under the "Contact" page.  It's a 714 area code number.

As far as the price you paid... I'm going to assume they submitted it under the "Standard" tier which is for books valued over $300 but less than $1000.  The cost for that tier is $65 plus invoice fees and Anastasia's "facilitator fee" ... that puts you at like $85.  AND IF YOU HAD IT PRESSED before grading then a book in that tier costs an additional $65 from CCS.  So, that plus return shipping could get you all the way up to $150-160.  Now, all that being said, if the book wasn't in NM- (9.2) or lower condition than you should have submitted it under the "Value" tier and could have saved on the pressing too and got the grading and pressing done for under $100, if memory serves me correctly.  
**CGC doesn't list their Sig Series pricing on the website anymore, so number are all approximate**

1 hour ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Derek's contact info is still on their website... try calling him?
http://www.anastasiascollectibles.com/

It's listed under the "Contact" page.  It's a 714 area code number.

As far as the price you paid... I'm going to assume they submitted it under the "Standard" tier which is for books valued over $300 but less than $1000.  The cost for that tier is $65 plus invoice fees and Anastasia's "facilitator fee" ... that puts you at like $85.  AND IF YOU HAD IT PRESSED before grading then a book in that tier costs an additional $65 from CCS.  So, that plus return shipping could get you all the way up to $150-160.  Now, all that being said, if the book wasn't in NM- (9.2) or lower condition than you should have submitted it under the "Value" tier and could have saved on the pressing too and got the grading and pressing done for under $100, if memory serves me correctly.  
**CGC doesn't list their Sig Series pricing on the website anymore, so number are all approximate**

The OP wrote "half of the 50 day standard" - that means it was subbed under the Fast Track Value tier which costs $42/book. Even with a facilitator fee, it seems crazy high to pay $156 for just one book subbed under that tier ...

2 hours ago, Undervastars66 said:

Tommydee,  Wondered if you ever got your book back?  I am waiting on a high dollar one as well.  Thanks

I have not yet. In a couple days it has been officially two months since the signing.

also, from the earlier comments my book was not 9.2 or higher. I did get it pressed but it was a 5.0-6.0 at best.  Fast tracking was told to me to be only $10 more. I really wanna know why I paid $156 to grade this book and $120 for the signature with assembly line type experience.

Not sure if a resolution was posted yet, a lot of replies. OP, don't worry too much. They are pretty much on schedule so far....yes hard to believe. I have several Stan sigs from Awesome and they just left CGC. They didn't get a chance to invoice until two weeks after the con. So hang tight for a week or two. I know your patience is tested. Good luck!

16 hours ago, StarryNight said:

Forgot to mention everything was FastTracked. 

I remember hearing that Anastasia Collectibles took forever for most, while I don't personally have any experience with Anastasia nor Stan Lee Collectibles, I do know that those who "handle him exclusively" seem to take forever :( 

On 8/3/2017 at 10:28 PM, tommydee89 said:

also, from the earlier comments my book was not 9.2 or higher. I did get it pressed but it was a 5.0-6.0 at best.  Fast tracking was told to me to be only $10 more. I really wanna know why I paid $156 to grade this book and $120 for the signature with assembly line type experience.

This whole Stan Lee thing has turned creepy beyond words.  I had my earlier rant about Orlando MegaCon earlier this year.  The poor guy just needs to retire.   It was 4 hours of standing in one place on a concrete floor.  He can't even interact with people anymore, they shove so much in front of him over the course of a minute.   The handlers/facilitators/CGC signature series 3rd party folks are just money grubbers.

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I remember hearing that Anastasia Collectibles took forever for most, while I don't personally have any experience with Anastasia nor Stan Lee Collectibles, I do know that those who "handle him exclusively" seem to take forever :( 

Another note, I didn't go through any of the facilitators mentioned above and I used my own acct. Books will be arriving this weekend. 

Oh that's my bad I saw the title and for some reason thought you were the OP :sorry:

Another note, I didn't go through any of the facilitators mentioned above and I used my own acct. Books will be arriving this weekend. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I had forgot about reading this thread, sigh, every time I read a thread like this it isn't the facilitator that I use or really anybody but the 3rd-party people.

BUT now I see

I guess I'll just wait in line with everybody else..... and try to keep an update ;) 

Which REALLY surprises me because the first book of SS from SDCC is at CGC but the Stan one isn't

WHICH REALLY surprises me because early June 2016 I dropped off at Fan Expo Dallas, of course Stan was in attendance, but I ended up getting my books back at the end of JUNE lol 

That's why I felt bad of all these thread's about Stan's 3rd-party people.... I used the same facilitator as last time lol and was :wishluck: the whole way, I guess I dream big

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had forgot about reading this thread, sigh, every time I read a thread like this it isn't the facilitator that I use or really anybody but the 3rd-party people.

BUT now I see

I guess I'll just wait in line with everybody else..... and try to keep an update ;) 

Which REALLY surprises me because the first book of SS from SDCC is at CGC but the Stan one isn't

WHICH REALLY surprises me because early June 2016 I dropped off at Fan Expo Dallas, of course Stan was in attendance, but I ended up getting my books back at the end of JUNE lol 

That's why I felt bad of all these thread's about Stan's 3rd-party people.... I used the same facilitator as last time lol and was :wishluck: the whole way, I guess I dream big

This thread really worries me because I want to submit books to get signed at Palm Springs Comic Con, but my options are basically Excelsior Collectables (Stan's handlers) or Vegas Comics whom I don't see much mention of on the threads.  I just don't want to have to worry about trust issues with $1000+ in books over a 3-6+ month period.  ¬¬

2 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

This thread really worries me because I want to submit books to get signed at Palm Springs Comic Con, but my options are basically Excelsior Collectables (Stan's handlers) or Vegas Comics whom I don't see much mention of on the threads.  I just don't want to have to worry about trust issues with $1000+ in books over a 3-6+ month period.  ¬¬

I hear you. Maybe submit enough to make it worth it, but idk maybe if there was someone who handled Stan with quick communication response time. I'm patiently waiting a response but it's been hours. I'm really not losing it yet.  It's closing in on 3 weeks, but I just now found out anything was amiss.

Does Stan really sign so much that this would be an issue? Kind of crazy really