• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More awesome EBay shipping ...

14 posts in this topic

Top right corner of books we're sticking out when I received package ... 

I could feel it through envelope thinking to my self .. no way this seller has left corner of books dangling out of cardboard 

But yeeeeuuup ! There she was .. no damage to corner ... don't know how 

IMG_8829.JPG

IMG_8830.JPG

IMG_8831.JPG

IMG_8832.JPG

You have to leave a neutral for this.  They have to learn not to do such a thing.  Any dishonest mail carrier that knew comics would have took that.

54 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Is that an Amazing Spider-man 289?

dang good catch

2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

My understanding from the pics is that it was in a bag, but that corner wasn't protected.

Oh I see now.

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It's one of the first issues of Spidey that I bought. The green sticks with me.

And now that I think about it, I was buying a lot of my books at stationery stores and 7-11s then. I may have newsstand versions of a lot of those spideys. I need to check my books

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

My understanding from the pics is that it was in a bag, but that corner wasn't protected.

Yup ... I felt the corner with my hand through bag and could feel the angled cardboard and the book...

First time ive seen that one,,, was only taped once as well

15 hours ago, kav said:

You have to leave a neutral for this.  They have to learn not to do such a thing.  Any dishonest mail carrier that knew comics would have took that.

Yeah hold on while I give up my government job and pension in favor of a raw ASM 289.

-your local mail carrier, probably

I wish I had pictures to show of the greatest eBay comics packaging of all time. I had purchased (or so I thought) a decent-looking raw mid-grade ToS 39 from a low feedback seller that I should have been smart enough to avoid. One day a crushed manilla envelope arrives, and I remember thinking there's no way this is a comic book.

Sure enough, the world's worst copy of 39 was in there, loosely wrapped in saran wrap. It was brittle the way only old pulps are brittle, and there was a shower of paper bits that fell out as I extracted the book. I don't know if the cover detached in transit, but it was detached. Ebay made everything ok, but I was blown away when I saw it.

Edited by Mackenzie999