• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JAMES BOND: NO TIME TO DIE starring Daniel Craig (2021)
2 2

466 posts in this topic

That was fast.

Daniel Craig confirms he'll play James Bond again

The actor was asked whether he will play the secret agent again during his appearance on US chat show The Late Show.

"Yes," Daniel told host Stephen Colbert, before standing up to shake his hand. The actor, who has played 007 in the past four Bond films, has until now refused to say whether he will do it again.

But on the show he revealed he's known for a "couple of months".

"We've been discussing it, we've just been trying to figure things out," he said. "I always wanted to, I needed a break."

The next Bond film, the 25th in the series, is due out in November 2019. He said it will be his last outing as the spy.

"I just want to go out on a high note, and I can't wait."

They must have appealed to his dedication to the character.

:flipbait:

On 8/16/2017 at 2:18 PM, FineCollector said:

Skipping this one, just as I skipped Spectre.  Call me when they hire an actor whose face changes.

You didn't miss anything with Spectre.

Disappointing and utterly forgettable.

I wonder if Craig will top the $50M+ he reportedly made for Spectre with this one? Personally, I hope he gets $100M for it. That is an obscene amount for an actor, but that would be a good reason to walk away and then come back.

Edited by kimik

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

I wonder if Craig will top the $50M+ he reportedly made for Spectre with this one? Personally, I hope he gets $100M for it. That is an obscene amount for an actor, but that would be a good reason to walk away and then come back.

The rumor months back was that he was offered $150MM to do two pictures as a follow-up, and executive producer status on both. So the estate definitely wanted him kept on for a little while longer.

Danny Boyle may already be working on Bond story with Trainspotting writer

There have been quite a number of potential directors named to take the helm of James Bond's twenty-fifth adventure, and the word on the street at the moment is that Danny Boyle (TRAINSPOTTING) is high on list, but according to Deadline, Boyle's involvement with the franchise may be a little further along than we had thought.

If you'll recall, Danny Boyle directed the opening ceremonies for the 2012 London Olympics, which included a bit involving James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Queen Elizabeth II herself. The director then came up with an idea for a "very specific" Bond movie and teamed up with TRAINSPOTTING writer John Hodge to work out the beats. Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson apparently sparked to the idea, leading to Hodge beginning to quietly work on a screenplay. John Hodge's work on the -script won't be completed for several months, but if everything works out, there's every reason to believe that Danny Boyle will take the helm of the next Bond film. If it turns out that MGM and the producers don't like the -script, they'll likely return to the existing idea from long-time Bond writers Neal Purvis & Robert Wade, as well as reach out to other directors such as Yann Demange (WHITE BOY RICK) and David Mackenzie (HELL OR HIGH WATER), who have long been on the short-list to direct the film. Obviously none of this is official, but it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Danny Boyle Confirms Recent JAMES BOND 25 Directing Rumors - But "It All Depends On How It Turns Out"

Recent rumors indicated that Danny Boyle was at the top of MGM's list to helm Bond 25, and the Academy Award-winning director has now confirmed the reports.

During an interview with Metro, Boyle made it very clear that he is interested in directing 007's next big-screen outing, but it sounds like he's waiting to see how the -script turns out before fully committing to the gig:

"We are working on a -script right now. And it all depends on that really. I am working on a Richard Curtis -script at the moment. We hope to start shooting that in 6 or 7 weeks. Then Bond would be right at the end of the year. But we are working on them both right now.

We’ve got an idea, John Hodge, the screenwriter, and I have got this idea, and John is writing it at the moment. And it all depends on how it turns out. It would be foolish of me to give any of it away.”

Last we heard, Spectre and Skyfall scribes Neal Purvis and Robert Wade were working on the -script, but Boyle’s comments seem to suggest that he and Hodge will be starting from scratch.

Universal Wins International Rights to James Bond 25

Universal has won the rights to internationally distribute the upcoming Bond 25 film directed by Danny Boyle.

Daniel Craig will return as 007 and Boyle will direct from an original screenplay by John Hodge. The film will begin production December 3, and MGM will release the film in the United States on Nov. 8, 2019 through a partnership with Annapurna Pictures.

Universal will release the film in the U.K. Oct 25, 2019.

MGM will retain digital and worldwide television distribution rights.  Universal will also handle physical home entertainment distribution.

“We are delighted to announce that the exceptionally talented Danny Boyle will be directing Daniel Craig in his fifth outing as James Bond in the 25th installment of the franchise,” said EON Productions’ Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. “We will begin shooting ‘Bond 25’ at Pinewood Studios in December with our partners at MGM and are thrilled that Universal will be our international distributor.”

“Under the leadership of Michael and Barbara, we couldn’t be more thrilled than to bring the next 007 adventure to the big screen uniting the incomparable Daniel Craig with the extraordinary vision of Danny Boyle,” said MGM’s chairman of the board of directors Kevin Ulrich.

Yawn, this franchise needs to be rested for a number years and come back with a fresh approach.

As much as I like Boyle the last 2-3 movies, I mean turds have left me completely disinterested.