• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Comic-Con 2018, July 18-22
3 3

133 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2017 at 9:17 PM, BassGMan said:

Yes, in open reg they offer a limited amount of Preview passes as well, just like during presale. Whatever days you do not get during presale you can add during the general, if you get in while those days are still available. In otherwords, yes you still have a shot at Preview night, but good luck! Of course scoring any tickets during the general is even more of a challenge than during the presale as there are more people competing for the tickets. I don't bother with exclusives so maybe someone else can answer better, but I do know that each vendor has their own exclusives policy. I have seen some vendors selling during Preview Night and some only selling exclusives on the four regular days. There is a smaller attendance during Preview Night so I'd imagine fewer people rushing for the lines when they open the doors. 

I don't think you're allowed to purchase tickets in both returning registration and open registration using the same member ID.  One of the reminder messages that flashed during the returning registration waiting room as tickets began selling out said that if your member ID is chosen to buy tickets in returning registration it will not be allowed to be used to buy tickets later in open registration.  When only Sunday tickets were left I bailed from the waiting room as I'd rather have another shot at preview night and the other 3 days than go at all for just Sunday.

Going to try again next week for open registration.  I might even be willing to roll the dice and join a group if anyone wants to try to team up on registration.

Edited by justafan

24 minutes ago, justafan said:

I don't think you're allowed to purchase tickets in both returning registration and open registration using the same member ID.  One of the reminder messages that flashed during the returning registration waiting room as tickets began selling out said that if your member ID is chosen to buy tickets in returning registration it will not be allowed to be used to buy tickets later in open registration.  When only Sunday tickets were left I bailed from the waiting room as I'd rather have another shot at preview night and the other 3 days than go at all for just Sunday.

Going to try again next week for open registration.  I might even be willing to roll the dice and join a group if anyone wants to try to team up on registration.

Not at all true. I have done this several other times and many others have as well. During open registration you can buy any or all days you missed during returning registration. In otherwords, if you bought your Sunday pass before, if you get through in time during open registration, you could then add Wed-Saturday. Of course assuming they were available when you got in. So.... you blew a guaranteed Sunday by not taking it. Hopefully you'll get in next time before all the passes sell out. My buddy and I were only able to purchase Thursday and Sunday passes, so we'll be trying on the 9th for Preview night and Friday and Saturday. 

EDIT: I just read through the official "rules" on Comic-con.org. There is one small shred of truth to what you said, which is really not going to apply to practically anyone (or at least barely). Those that purchased a Preview Night pass during returning registration are not allowed to purchase tickets in open registration. I guess that is because they were let in so early that they could purchase anything, so they don't need a second chance. So unless you already purchased PN, then you can participate in the open. That is the only exception.

Edited by BassGMan

17 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Wow. As usual late to the party. Didn’t even know tickets went on sale already.. guess I’ll keep in eye out for next year.

If you are already registered, open registration has not happened yet, so you are not too late. It is next Saturday, the 9th at 9:00 am. Of course it is a lottery, but everyone has an equal chance to get passes. 

2 hours ago, BassGMan said:

If you are already registered, open registration has not happened yet, so you are not too late. It is next Saturday, the 9th at 9:00 am. Of course it is a lottery, but everyone has an equal chance to get passes. 

Awesome. Thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, rogue14 said:

Awesome. Thanks for the information.

Make sure to check your e-mail, or at least look up registration info at comic-con.org. You need the link they will provide a day or two before in order to get into the waiting room and then take your chances on tickets. 

After not getting in the usual ways the last two years, I got in today with the help of a boardie. 

He needed preview view night and I needed anything. Sadly he didn’t get preview night, he got in just a few mins after it sold out. But he did score me all four days which is awesome. Funny thing is a few mins after he got in.. I did also but by then I already got tickets. 

Hope all that tried also got theirs. 

55 minutes ago, Awax said:

After not getting in the usual ways the last two years, I got in today with the help of a boardie. 

He needed preview view night and I needed anything. Sadly he didn’t get preview night, he got in just a few mins after it sold out. But he did score me all four days which is awesome. Funny thing is a few mins after he got in.. I did also but by then I already got tickets. 

Hope all that tried also got theirs. 

:frown: