• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Comic-Con 2018, July 18-22
3 3

133 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2018 at 9:28 AM, rogue14 said:

Any one know where the main list of guests and exclusives are for sdcc? I don’t mean the special guest lists either.

I find exclusives updates here http://sdccblog.com/tag/exclusives/ dont know if there are other places.

Think artist alley list is released 2 week prior.

Is it just me or are the exclusives this year just meh so far

So is there any way to get into Comic-Con without buying passes off from the Comic-Con website far in advance?  Crazy how there are no resale badges for folks who missed out on tickets and are willing to pay the premium on sites like eBay and Craigslist.  It says you must have a Comic-Con Member ID associated with the badge which to be quite frank I find pretty scary, that is, handing over my private information to organizers that's linked to a pass I'd be wearing.  That data could be collected and sold to outside third parties for marketing purposes.  I'm guessing there is some opt-in to hand over your information or else be blocked from buying passes altogether. 

Edited by HENRYSPENCER

3 hours ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

So is there any way to get into Comic-Con without buying passes off from the Comic-Con website far in advance?  Crazy how there are no resale badges for folks who missed out on tickets and are willing to pay the premium on sites like eBay and Craigslist.  It says you must have a Comic-Con Member ID associated with the badge which to be quite frank I find pretty scary, that is, handing over my private information to organizers that's linked to a pass I'd be wearing.  That data could be collected and sold to outside third parties for marketing purposes.  I'm guessing there is some opt-in to hand over your information or else be blocked from buying passes altogether. 

check out https://www.viagogo.com/Theater-Tickets/Exhibitions/Comic-Con-Tickets

But I have no idea if this is legitimate; but whew are prices high

9 hours ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

There is alot of talk in various places about how people get around the passes that have specific member IDs. First off, though I have heard of it happening, in all of my 25 or so years going, including the last several with scanned badges, NO ONE has ever checked my ID to match with my badge. So odds are if you can score any badge you will be fine. In the odd chance you were asked for an ID, you could just say you don't have your wallet, and back away and leave, then just use another entrance to get in. So basically, if you can find any legitimate pass, you will be fine. I have heard that alot of badges do go on sale in the San Diego Craigslist leading up to the con. Legit passes, but I'd be careful as I know some people have created fake badges too, though that is tougher now with the scanned system. Basically, if you are willing to pay jacked up prices, you will be able to get a ticket and get in with no problem. But one other complication. You may find a legit badge that has been deactivated. For example, someone receives their pass in the mail, but claims he didn't receive it, then requests a new badge, which they will give him, but then they deactivate the first one (the one he has to sell but says was lost). So now when the deactivated badge is scanned an alert will go off. So if you buy a pass, get all kinds of info and if you can, vet the seller to make sure the pass he is selling is not deactivated. 

18 hours ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Some well-known comic book dealers offer badges if you commit to spending some money in their booth. If you're planning to buy comics anyway, this is a very good route.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, Awax said:

Got an email with tracking number this afternoon.  Funny thing, the pass was already in my mailbox today. 

So I got mine :banana:

:flipbait:

12 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Is it me or does last years list of creators feel longer?  I just feel like I was interested in a lot more sigs last year than I am this year.  (shrug)

Same here.

The list will get updated and hopefully better by next week once they get all the names on there.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, Dale Roberts said:

I am in the process of registering badges for San Diego.

I would like to offer the chance to purchase badges to get in (at cost) to anyone who is a vintage comic buyer. I am not making anything off of these badges, but would ask that you please stop by the booth and shop a bit if possible. Again, this is for vintage comic buyers only. Not interested in getting passes for someone to come in and dress up as Deadpool and walk around looking at their phone. The goal is to get as many comic book shoppers who were shut out with tickets into the show as possible.

Please do not tie up this thread. If you are interested, please drop me a PM.

Dale

OK, I'm down to the wire here. Still can purchase about 3 more badges. If you are still trying to get in, let me know. I can only do full show passes though. They don't sell single day passes to exhibitors. Drop me a PM if I can help you.

Dale

Are you guys excited? I sure am. It has been very quiet around here. I was however a bit disappointed with the programming this year. Very little that interested me and much fewer big events than in past years. Also nothing that I found interesting in the new exclusives and autographs lottery system that is new this year. Not that I wouldn't buy some cool exclusives, but even if winning a certain time slot to go in and buy an exclusive or get some autos, it is still going to be crazy with everyone piling in at those specific times. As usual, I make it a policy to never stand in line for more than 10 minutes anywhere at SDCC, which is quite easy to do. 

7 minutes ago, BassGMan said:

Are you guys excited? I sure am. It has been very quiet around here. I was however a bit disappointed with the programming this year. Very little that interested me and much fewer big events than in past years. Also nothing that I found interesting in the new exclusives and autographs lottery system that is new this year. Not that I wouldn't buy some cool exclusives, but even if winning a certain time slot to go in and buy an exclusive or get some autos, it is still going to be crazy with everyone piling in at those specific times. As usual, I make it a policy to never stand in line for more than 10 minutes anywhere at SDCC, which is quite easy to do. 

I like the new lottery system that some vendors are participating in. Nothing more gut-wrenching than waiting in line for hours only to get denied. I'd rather get denied right off the bat and use that time doing something else. 

I'm really bummed that Marvel isn't participating in Hall H this year. 

And of course, I'm looking forward to seeing some insane comics in the dealer booths :)

1 hour ago, shortboxed said:

I like the new lottery system that some vendors are participating in. Nothing more gut-wrenching than waiting in line for hours only to get denied. I'd rather get denied right off the bat and use that time doing something else. 

I'm really bummed that Marvel isn't participating in Hall H this year. 

And of course, I'm looking forward to seeing some insane comics in the dealer booths :)

Oh I hear ya'. I like the new system too, and it is better than waiting only to possibly be disappointed when something sells out before you can buy one. With that said, I still expect a madhouse of buyers for each time slot. While this is a better system than before, it would need to be something mighty special for me to want to deal with the chaos even if I did win a time slot. If it goes more smoothly than I expect I'll give it a shot next year. Although I do miss out on a few events and items by not waiting or scrambling through crowds, it does make for a more pleasant con overall. 

50 minutes ago, AustinReece_GRRC said:

Reece's Rare Comics will be set up in booth #1005 inside the Gold/Silver pavillion. Stop by and say hello! 

SDCC (1).jpg

:hi: Austin. Not sure if you remember me, but I'm Andy Greenham.  We played basketball in Chicago last year. ;)