• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Comic-Con 2018, July 18-22
3 3

133 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Awax said:

You were not randomly selected for any exclusives or autographs sessions you showed interest in. 

Wow.  

I tried for about 15 things.  Anyone else have any luck? 

Thats odd, didnt think they released the autograph session info yet.

I got only one spot for merch but its Funko!

Now to figure out where I can post to get some orders for sale!

Nope. 

Exact wording :

You have not been randomly selected for an exclusive merchandise purchasing time slot or exclusive signing. Thank you for participating in the online Exclusives Portal. We encourage you try again next year.

1 minute ago, Awax said:

Nope. 

Exact wording :

You have not been randomly selected for an exclusive merchandise purchasing time slot or exclusive signing. Thank you for participating in the online Exclusives Portal. We encourage you try again next year.

Yeah sorry, just checked my email too. All exclusive slot selections were released. Was really hoping for some of those autograph ones.

41 minutes ago, Awax said:

You were not randomly selected for any exclusives or autographs sessions you showed interest in. 

Wow.  

I tried for about 15 things.  Anyone else have any luck? 

Guess you just have to stand on the corner to make that extra cash this year.

1 minute ago, Awax said:

2mnociu.jpg

At least you can have a good night's sleep and don't have to worry about waking up early to get a ticket.

1 minute ago, shortboxed said:

I went 1-39 on the exclusive lottery and it's the 1 I don't even want lol. But I do like this new system, it's nice getting rejected right off the bat so I don't wait in line for 8 hours and then get rejected.

whatd you get?

My wife and I placed it for everything to see what would happen.  I only really wanted the Lego Minifigures, my daughters opens and plays with them & The Flash autograph session for my daughter, she loves that show. She would have loved to meet them. I really wanted just the Supernatural autograph signing.  Of all my friends going, we were the only ones to obtain something and for items we don't care for:  I won Krypton autograph, I like the show, but didn't care for any autographs.  My wife did get a Lego Millineum Falcon.  We will skip that since my daughter doesn't like Star Wars.  Oh well.  Not buying any Lego Mini figures for crazy prices, daughter will get the knock offs when China makes them.  Hope everyone else had better luck.  At least I have 2-4 hours free time than standing in line for a 50/50 chance to win an item for my girl.  Goal is Marvel signing for Agents of Shield, my daughter loves Agent Coulson.  Every year we go to the booth in the AM ASAP but the line is already done with and tickets always gone.  Seems like everyone has a secret entrance to be at the Marvel booth before the doors even open.  Though I seem to see a Chandler (you know who you are) always there for every signing and wasting time trying to talk to everyone as the celebs are your best friend.

Edited by Agent 007
edit

I can see why there was a problem with this lottery system, and why that in some cases it will save people time, but in other cases it makes the system worse. I see two people above signed up for things they really didn't even want. I imagine some people just signed up for everything to take a shot. And then when winning something they don't even want, then not even showing up to claim it, which is taking a chance away from someone who does really want the item. My guess is there will be a ton of no-shows from people who signed up for something they didn't want. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure the dealers will not have any problem figuring out another way to sell off what was being held out for those who won items they never intended to buy, but some fans who were genuinely interested in an item will have lost a chance due to others who signed up and won but were not even serious.

Edited by BassGMan

21 hours ago, BassGMan said:

I can see why there was a problem with this lottery system, and why that in some cases it will save people time, but in other cases it makes the system worse. I see two people above signed up for things they really didn't even want. I imagine some people just signed up for everything to take a shot. And then when winning something they don't even want, then not even showing up to claim it, which is taking a chance away from someone who does really want the item. My guess is there will be a ton of no-shows from people who signed up for something they didn't want. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure the dealers will not have any problem figuring out another way to sell off what was being held out for those who won items they never intended to buy, but some fans who were genuinely interested in an item will have lost a chance due to others who signed up and won but were not even serious.

EXACTLY.  Next year if we get tix, crossing my fingers, we will just place for the items we want and see if this works. Perhaps going for everything hurt us?  I'm curious if anyone out there just placed 1 item for the lottery and won that item?  We will try that next year.