• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Comic-Con 2018, July 18-22
3 3

133 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Agent 007 said:

First Time in years I actually bought Tix myself.  Bought Tix for my wife and I for ALL Days!!  Yes.   Didn't buy anyone on the boards due to know one wanted to team up.

Well, I PMed you 3 days ago, but you never responded. :sorry:

3 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

Well, I PMed you 3 days ago, but you never responded. :sorry:

Yeah I figured his dance card would have filled up by now so I didn't even bother.  That kinda sucks.  Besides, I don't really know many folks on here well enough to know if I'd be comfortable with it.

Oh well, Friday and Saturday badges are gone.  So it's first and last days only from here on out.  I'm bailing.  Oh well, another hour of my life wasted on something comic related. 

My buddy and I were able to buy Thursday and Sunday only. If we can't get any other days in general we may cancel Sunday and make it a one-day event. Has anyone had any luck buying single day passes on the secondary market? I know that alot of sales ads go up locally on Craigslist in San Diego nearing the date of the event, but I don't know how many are legit and how many are scams. I know this has worked for some.

1 hour ago, BassGMan said:

My buddy and I were able to buy Thursday and Sunday only. If we can't get any other days in general we may cancel Sunday and make it a one-day event. Has anyone had any luck buying single day passes on the secondary market? I know that alot of sales ads go up locally on Craigslist in San Diego nearing the date of the event, but I don't know how many are legit and how many are scams. I know this has worked for some.

The best ones to look for on Craigslist are the ones that go up a few days before the event, that say you can register them in your own name. Convention center employees (and a few others) get codes that are good for a day. You go to the SDCC website, put in the code, pick the day and pick up your badge the morning of. All legit, and it qualifies you to do pre registration the following year if you weren't able to buy tickets during early or geneneral. 

Just verify what days the seller has before you commit. If they have 3 day codes and one has already been used for say Friday, their other two codes wouldn't work on Friday, they can only be used on the remaining days available. 

21 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

The best ones to look for on Craigslist are the ones that go up a few days before the event, that say you can register them in your own name. Convention center employees (and a few others) get codes that are good for a day. You go to the SDCC website, put in the code, pick the day and pick up your badge the morning of. All legit, and it qualifies you to do pre registration the following year if you weren't able to buy tickets during early or geneneral. 

Just verify what days the seller has before you commit. If they have 3 day codes and one has already been used for say Friday, their other two codes wouldn't work on Friday, they can only be used on the remaining days available. 

That sounds great, thanks for the info. But I'd assume these must go quick and there are people just waiting for these to be offered? 

46 minutes ago, BassGMan said:

That sounds great, thanks for the info. But I'd assume these must go quick and there are people just waiting for these to be offered? 

Ehh, the ones that are more reasonably priced go quick. But every year there are tickets up on craigslist day before/ day of. If you have the time just check several times a day right before the event. If you can wait til last minute, a lot of times you can get badges for cheap from all the scalpers that were trying to make a killing, couldn't sell, and now just don't want to lose money. 

It might be easier since I'm local and don't have to worry about hotels and such, but I've been shut out of online reg for the last 3/4 years, and still managed to get badges every year. 

Last year was my first year (could only get Thursday and Sunday tix) but managed to get a 4 day pass for this year.   Was hoping for the shot for preview night but no go.  Is there really a benefit with preview night in terms of scoring exclusives?   Also are we able to attempt to purchase in open reg as well?   Thanks as I’m still a learning noob.  

2 hours ago, Drill423 said:

Last year was my first year (could only get Thursday and Sunday tix) but managed to get a 4 day pass for this year.   Was hoping for the shot for preview night but no go.  Is there really a benefit with preview night in terms of scoring exclusives?   Also are we able to attempt to purchase in open reg as well?   Thanks as I’m still a learning noob.  

Yes, in open reg they offer a limited amount of Preview passes as well, just like during presale. Whatever days you do not get during presale you can add during the general, if you get in while those days are still available. In otherwords, yes you still have a shot at Preview night, but good luck! Of course scoring any tickets during the general is even more of a challenge than during the presale as there are more people competing for the tickets. I don't bother with exclusives so maybe someone else can answer better, but I do know that each vendor has their own exclusives policy. I have seen some vendors selling during Preview Night and some only selling exclusives on the four regular days. There is a smaller attendance during Preview Night so I'd imagine fewer people rushing for the lines when they open the doors. 

Edited by BassGMan

Early-bird hotel reservations just opened.  I've done this the last few years, and it's so much less stressful than the regular hotel panic.  The hotels are 5-6 miles from the convention center, but are all on the shuttle route.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:56 AM, nearmint said:

Early-bird hotel reservations just opened.  I've done this the last few years, and it's so much less stressful than the regular hotel panic.  The hotels are 5-6 miles from the convention center, but are all on the shuttle route.

Agreed. I would have done this already too, though with only a Thursday and Sunday pass now I'm not sure if I'm going for the full show, or Thursday only. If I can't get Fri/Sat later then I'll cancel Sunday. Of course this puts me on hold for the hotel as well.