• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Francisco Comic Shops?

6 posts in this topic

There isn't much in terms of back issues and vintage comics in San Francisco, but Isotope Comics in Hayes Valley is definitely worth a visit. The owner, James, is a character and the place is lined with toilet seat covers drawn by tons of artists that have visited over the years. Yes, I said toilet seat covers. 

20170708_111241.jpg

20170708_111438.jpg

20170708_111220.jpg

20170708_111323.jpg

Mission Comics and Art is good if you want the current crop of graphics novels and comic books.  Agree that Isotope is good, smaller and well curated.   In terms of high value books, quality slabbed books, I'm not sure that has been in San Francisco in over twenty years.

23 hours ago, shortboxed said:

There isn't much in terms of back issues and vintage comics in San Francisco, but Isotope Comics in Hayes Valley is definitely worth a visit. The owner, James, is a character and the place is lined with toilet seat covers drawn by tons of artists that have visited over the years. Yes, I said toilet seat covers. 

Agreed. I've been to San Fran twice and stopped into Isotope both times. Chatted with James the first time, and years later when I dropped in again, he remembered me! It's all new stuff, and I generally prefer older books, but I had no problem finding something out there to buy just for reading on the trip. Lots of trades, hardcovers, omnis, that kind of thing. When cashing out, he knocked 15% off my total just because I was from Canada - imagine that?

And who can forget that Doctor Strange costume on display upstairs?

Take a look: Google 360 view