• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DavidTheDavid's on-again, off-again sales thread (off again) 10% off

38 posts in this topic

REFERENCES
Kudos thread
ebay ID - brother17

ACCEPTED PAYMENT
Paypal only. Payment expected within 3 calendar days of invoice.

REFUNDS
I will accept refunds if notified within 7 calendar days of receipt. Buyer pays return shipping.

TERMS OF SALE
First unconditional :takeit: in either the thread or PM wins, by time stamp.
If you have shamed yourself or are a listed reprobate, I will not sell to you. If you're just a knockburger who gets on my nerves, I don't mind selling to you. I reserve the right to refuse any sale.

Please inspect the books upon receipt of them and alert me to any issues.

SHIPPING
I ship USPS Priority. At $200 and up, I require a signature. Send me your zip code, I'll send you mine, and we'll get as true a cost as possible.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Green Lama #6, F-, $499

Class Raboy cover. I don't know if it was pressed, but it sure as heck looks like it's been pressed. Structurally, a very nice copy, much higher than assigned grade. Good colors, just really heavy tanning on the front bottom and leading up the outside edge, and back cover obviously tanned. It must've been poking out from a stack for too long. :( Clean and flat copy. Hard to find nice copies of this in my experience.

GL 6a.jpg

GL 6b.jpg

So here is the skinny on any raw signature books that I post. I bought these from Bob's Comics in Birmingham, AL. The eponymous owner said that he bought a very large collection, most of which was garbage (go figure), but that the seller had spent 5 or 6 years going to cons and getting signatures. There were a lot of these sig books out, really cool to see. So that's all I know about their provenance.

Strange Terrors #4, CGC 6.0, $300 SOLD!

Classic Ekgren cover. I haven't found much information about this artist, but Ekgren was a Norwegian fine artist who did just three comic covers, each of them strangely trippy more than a decade before psychedelia took over the USA. Book has been pressed.

IMG_20170805_104405.jpg

IMG_20170805_104417.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Strange Terrors #4, CGC 6.0, $300

Classic Ekgren cover. I haven't found much information about this artist, but Ekgren was a Norwegian fine artist who did just three comic covers, each of them strangely trippy more than a decade before psychedelia took over the USA. Book has been pressed.

IMG_20170805_104405.jpg

IMG_20170805_104417.jpg

take it per PM