• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Francesco Mattina Art Society
2 2

194 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

3rd print.........

And I ordered 5 regulars raw. The virgin and CGC sold out lightning fast!

Interesting, some sites were saying it was the 2nd print. With so many original released covers, I honestly lost track. 

2 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

The second printing came out on 10/11 (same day as #3). Even the Frankie's site lists it as 3rd

Not disagreeing with you, just saw correspondence from one store listing it as the 2nd. Not taking issue with anything. Just giving the information I WAS made aware of. It may appear to be wrong. It happens.

6 hours ago, Polirer said:

I tried but by 2:01 I missed it. Sold out on the virgins.

I wouldn't worry, just wait a few months before you scoop it up. There's probably going to be close to 150-200 9.8s out of there by the time all the companies selling it slab their pre-sales. This is before regular people do. Metal 2 also has a 700 print run vs the other's 600. Metal 1's Ultimates Virgins are already below retail cost, 4 is getting close, and 5 no doubt will as well. Just wait a bit and I'm sure this one will be too.

Edited by Tnexus

14 hours ago, Tnexus said:

I wouldn't worry, just wait a few months before you scoop it up. There's probably going to be close to 150-200 9.8s out of there by the time all the companies selling it slab their pre-sales. This is before regular people do. Metal 2 also has a 700 print run vs the other's 600. Metal 1's Ultimates Virgins are already below retail cost, 4 is getting close, and 5 no doubt will as well. Just wait a bit and I'm sure this one will be too.

Man this is kind of disconcerting that they don’t sell well a few months after these books release. Thought the artists and series would help it survive a little longer. Or, maybe the saturation on eBay hurts the value a bit.

25 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Man this is kind of disconcerting that they don’t sell well a few months after these books release. Thought the artists and series would help it survive a little longer. Or, maybe the saturation on eBay hurts the value a bit.

Quick flippers right now are definitely saturating the market. But I think it's the reality of store exclusives. Currently, they just don't hold short-term market value. I will say though, it seems like it takes an average comic 3-5 years to mature in value. So time will tell if they are good long-term investments.