• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Francesco Mattina Art Society
2 2

194 posts in this topic

His physical work is incredible to look at in person. With all of his awesome digital work for his published covers, there isn't a lot of actual physical work out there. But I was lucky enough to get these 2 paintings from his 2012 batch of commissions, back when he would do a few pieces specifically to sell. (One I have had since 2013 and I got another recently) I absolutely love his Batman and Joker stuff! His current commissions are less detailed but he is only going up in pricing, so my recommendation is to get one now if you want one.

03161301 copy 2.jpg

12181801 copy 2.jpg

Edited by Madman1138

On 12/28/2018 at 8:17 AM, Jking3437 said:

Wow they are awesome, I could only imagine what they cost ya 

Not as bad as you'd expect actually. Although both are from the same batch of physical pieces he did specifically to sell in 2012, I got them years apart. I bought the first one (Batman vs Joker) back when his rate was 500 Euro ($600 USD at that time) back in 2012/2013, when he first did them and which seems like a steal now. The Joker at Arkham Asylum piece I got recently for about 1300 CAD (about $1025 USD). Both times I just got lucky. I've seen far lesser pieces sell for more, since he charges $1200 for a single character now. I wish he still did pieces like these with this level of detail but he is far too busy these days.

Edited by Madman1138

On 1/1/2019 at 8:58 PM, Madman1138 said:

Not as bad as you'd expect actually. Although both are from the same batch of physical pieces he did specifically to sell in 2012, I got them years apart. I bought the first one (Batman vs Joker) back when his rate was 500 Euro ($600 USD at that time) back in 2012/2013, when he first did them and which seems like a steal now. The Joker at Arkham Asylum piece I got recently for about 1300 CAD (about $1025 USD). Both times I just got lucky. I've seen far lesser pieces sell for more, since he charges $1200 for a single character now. I wish he still did pieces like these with this level of detail but he is far too busy these days.

Those prices are still cheap, I just had a sketch cover done it was $800 USD