• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Francesco Mattina Art Society
2 2

194 posts in this topic

Figured he could maybe use a thread, as he is getting a lot of attention for his covers lately and seems to be the new cover artist du jour.

Lots of cool covers to choose from, with Venomized covers being his latest calling card. 
I personally really liked his work with Azrael and Moon Knight.

As far as I can tell the crown jewel for Mattina collectors is the Red Hood variant

Mattina is italian, and doesn't look to do too many conventions in North America.

He signs some of his sketches with "Live Rock". I don't know why, but if anyone knows the meaning behind that I'd be interested in hearing it!

Red Hood.jpg

On 7/25/2017 at 3:27 PM, Flatliner1313 said:

Figured he could maybe use a thread, as he is getting a lot of attention for his covers lately and seems to be the new cover artist du jour.

Lots of cool covers to choose from, with Venomized covers being his latest calling card. 
I personally really liked his work with Azrael and Moon Knight.

As far as I can tell the crown jewel for Mattina collectors is the Red Hood variant

Mattina is italian, and doesn't look to do too many conventions in North America.

He signs some of his sketches with "Live Rock". I don't know why, but if anyone knows the meaning behind that I'd be interested in hearing it!

Red Hood.jpg

Just started collecting Mattina a few months ago haven't been able to get this one yet. 

On July 26, 2017 at 4:05 PM, Michael Lamm said:

Just started collecting Mattina a few months ago haven't been able to get this one yet. 

Hard book to find in 9.8, think only 6-8 lazy to look it up :smile:

3 minutes ago, Michael Lamm said:

Does that mean there are a lot out in the wild yet to be found and graded or does that mean it's super scarce and not that many are out there at all?

This book has been known about long enough that more would have turned up if the right people had them. I would assume they are in peoples collections that don't care to have them graded. And yes, tough book to find.

On 7/29/2017 at 5:07 AM, ygogolak said:

This book has been known about long enough that more would have turned up if the right people had them. I would assume they are in peoples collections that don't care to have them graded. And yes, tough book to find.

There is a 9.8 on the bay for a lazy $2499.99 USD.