• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Francesco Mattina Art Society
2 2

194 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2017 at 5:57 PM, Polirer said:

Thanks, I'm sorry but it's not a big deal. It's not like someone else is painting for him and he takes the credit. So he saw something that inspired him, that's what art does. And the other artist should be flattered.

Lol, what? He copied someone else's work and turned it into a store/con exclusive commission. 

I think the issue may be that do to his popularity,  he is getting pressure to do more and more covers and this is resulting him swiping or taking inspiration from other art. I can only the imagine the pressure there is to come up with these ideas multiple times a month let alone draw them.

While the Phoenix and Mary Jane are clear swipes, I see the Batman Who Laughs cover to be more of an inspiration or coincidence. All all credit to the original artist...but Mattinas is far superior.

3 hours ago, Stephen H said:

I think the issue may be that do to his popularity,  he is getting pressure to do more and more covers and this is resulting him swiping or taking inspiration from other art. I can only the imagine the pressure there is to come up with these ideas multiple times a month let alone draw them.

How many covers does he do a month? What 2? 3 the most? And he still feels the need to swipe someone else work because of pressure.. 

What about the artists who have to do interiors on a monthly basis?

15 hours ago, Nino_013 said:

How many covers does he do a month? What 2? 3 the most? And he still feels the need to swipe someone else work because of pressure.. 

What about the artists who have to do interiors on a monthly basis?

He has been doing more with the Retailer exclusives I believe. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending what he is doing though, more just playing devils advocate. 

But his covers are under more pressure to be exotic, elaborate and desired then your average big 2 interior artist. 

3 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

Anybody get the Metal #3 pre-order? Comic Mint seemingly had very few copies for their customers that wanted to virgin or the 3 cover set. 

I got 2 CGC SS 9.8 virgins and 3 sets of raws from sad lemon. I tried comic mint, but they were sold out of the single virgins quick.

I used the sad lemon discount code on them. Beautiful covers. Love em and I think that character is gonna be popular.

Edited by kevhtx

10 minutes ago, mbv said:

Just ordered the set when I posted.

Really? Unless they updated their site multiple times today for it, around 4 Eastern they were sold out. And then I checked again after seeing your post. Least we all got one, right?