• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Brave & The Bold #28
1 1

53 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, zipbags said:

I am curious if you could explain how restored grades mean?  (ie C or CT).

Thanks!

If you scroll down midway through the page you'll see descriptions for how restored books are graded/scaled!

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=4083&

Well after a week to get there (registered mail takes forever).  My book has arrived for walkthrough  grading.  Hoping to have the grade by tomorrow.  Will let you all know.

On a side not a 4.5 (C-1 restored) copy just sold on Heritage Auctions for over $2,600.  Gives me hope that if mine is restored and is a 7.0.  I will still get a high price for it.

Edited by zipbags

1 hour ago, zipbags said:

Well I got the grade..... 6.0 (C-1).   Little lower than I had hoped.

6.0 is fab! Sounds like the stuff we were concerned about (married cover etc) didn't pan out, so that's great to hear. Congrats!

8 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

at least I got the C-1 right haha.  Looks nicer than a 6.0 to tell you honestly

That is what I thought.  I am not upset about the restoration score...But the 6.0 seems low.  Especially when I saw another 6.0 that had "staining" on it.

I think that 6.0 is fine for the book. There were enough surface bends/NCBs/indents to drop it. Pressing it would have resulted in a higher grade as some of the more noticeable issues could have been corrected.

In any case, congrats. It is still a sweet book to own. (thumbsu