• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay question...looking for advice.

29 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kav said:

So isnt OPs book an old case cause the page quality isnt in the grade thingy?

That's why I agree that he should just do the return and block the buyer.. like you said

I remember when I got into collecting 2 years ago and seeing the 1st gen cases that said "Modern" and had a red label, I thought they weren't the "real deal" and though I had found some deals, I didn't buy them due to it maybe being difficult to sell in the long run, for issues that this OP is having :) 

8 hours ago, lizards2 said:

That looks like the new style case.  Not familiar with the book, but doesn't appear to be anything you could tamper with for profit....,

Right??! Why would anyone try to get over on someone with copper age Transformers comic book.

It's the equivalent of robbing a lemonade stand

Edited by TheFifthHorseman

3 hours ago, TheFifthHorseman said:
10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

That looks like the new style case.  Not familiar with the book, but doesn't appear to be anything you could tamper with for profit....,

Right??! Why would anyone try to get over on someone with copper age Transformers comic book.

It's the equivalent of robbing a lemonade stand

$82 with free shipping, or does best offer accepted mean it was less than that?  Either way it appears like a stretch, but never underestimate cranky people.

That TF1 was graded in 11/15. Old case usually had openings on sides. Case does not look tampered with. TF will probably increase in value over the years, so I would offer to take the book back and then sell it higher. Average sales right now for the past 3 months is $90 and climbing. Definitely block him. Anyone who ever gives me issues, even leaving neutral fb or no fb but complains gets blocked. Let us know what happens with this.

To the OP, you're sort of SOL when it comes to being a seller on eBay.

You're best bet is to do what Kav suggested 

Explain that the sides do open up slightly with this generation of CGC slabs and offer to take the book back.

Don't forget to smile about it as you take it back :frustrated: