• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Silver Age Sale #3--page 51--40% OFF till 5PM PST
3 3

1,025 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Mad Titan said:

I have a son and daughter! They'll be happy to get some comics! :banana:

Done deal brother....remind me when i send the invoice and ill pack some for the little ones....

3 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

Is anyone else having problems with CGC's search function? I used to be able to search for keywords in a thread to find specific comics, but now the search button does nothing. I'm trying to find some images of remaining comics in this thread without scrolling through 48 pages.

hmm thats odd.....tell me which comics you have an interest in ill tell you the pages...

18 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Archie 4 comic group.  Two of them are very high grade and two are mid.  The date stamps on the two are awesome.  Asking $20 

Untitled-6-p1 (51).jpg

Untitled-6-p1 (52).jpg

here is the archie group sir

ASM #35--Nice copy except the back cover coupon is cut out.  Get the second Molten man for cheap  Asking $15

Flash #159--Back cover stain and dirt.  Lets call this 4.5.  Asking $10

:takeit: @ 20% off

I've been eyeballing the ASM since last night. But if Cliff want's it... by all means. Wasn't trying to take it from him, just was on the prior page on the list and hadn't seen this discussion here on the last page.

Edited by oceans11

Just now, oceans11 said:

I've been eyeballing the ASM since last night. But if Cliff want's it... by all means. Wasn't trying to take it from him.

its a nice book to have.....cliff if you don't want it can oceans grab it?  

Im surprised that there are wonder woman left.  And the Detective thats left and the flash.  Those are most shocking.  I looked at ebay and my prices are lower than there and we know the random bs that happens on ebay......I love that Tarzan book too

Just now, oceans11 said:

I've been eyeballing the ASM since last night. But if Cliff want's it... by all means. Wasn't trying to take it from him.

Just now, SOLAR BOY said:

its a nice book to have.....cliff if you don't want it can oceans grab it?  

Oceans can take it. I already have this issue, just wanted to check it out. Thanks for asking oceans!

57 minutes ago, Mad Titan said:
5 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

If you have kids please post that in the thread from now till end of day and ill include some free disney/cartoon comics for them to read.

I have a son and daughter! They'll be happy to get some comics! :banana:

Mine are 28, 24 and 20....., :shy:

2 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:
5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Mine are 28, 24 and 20....., :shy:

Do you have any grandkids that need comics, Liz?

Not that I know of...., hm

My daughter is a 2nd grade dual-language teacher, so I'm always looking for cheap, Spanish/Mexican easy-reader type stuff for her classroom, but it seems to be hard stuff to come by.  :sorry:

1 hour ago, Chalwa said:

Great sale!  Hope to bid once I've built up some goodwill on the boards.  Still great to watch it happen, but it kept this old man up soooo late! ??

Thank you....i was very happy with the turnout for a three day sale.....awesome.  And you can buy from me any time.  I don't need you to build up goodwill.  you can buy and make payments on time and that earns you dealings with me

2 hours ago, oceans11 said:

ASM #35--Nice copy except the back cover coupon is cut out.  Get the second Molten man for cheap  Asking $15

Flash #159--Back cover stain and dirt.  Lets call this 4.5.  Asking $10

:takeit: @ 20% off

^^ thank you

Entire Thread Recap: These are all the remaining books.  Thank you all for a wonderful thread.  Hope I got to help some of you fill some gaps in your collections.  I love doing these sales to help others get what they want.  I have access to a lot of different collections and I buy a lot at estate sales, auctions, garage sales and so forth.  I am pulling the two batmans to keep for now unless anyone sends me a PM offer.  Other than that everything left below lets do 15% OFF till end of day midnight.  I will also throught the day post some of my books for you guys who want to see.......I love my comics....If you have kids please post that in the thread from now till end of day and ill include some free disney/cartoon comics for them to read.

*****GUYS BIG COMICS LEFT DON'T MISS OUT.....WW, FLASH and some awesome SUPERMAN left......get some*****

15% OFF BELOW LEFTOVERS

20% OFF BELOW LEFTOVERS......till 5pm pst

Let's do something fun till 10pm PST: Anything color coded below has these discounts......get them while they are here guys the night is almost over..thanks

Anything in Blue you get 20% OFF till 8pm PST

Anything in Green you get 25% OFF till 8pm PST

Anything in Red you get 30% OFF till 8pm PST

Here is an awesome lois lane #63--If you think yellows are nice this one is the one to have.  Super sharp.  Chip out of back cover but book feels and looks 8.0 or better.  Asking $15

Lois Lane #108--Here is another very cool cover.  Small back cover tear.  Still a nice 8.0 copy.  Asking $6

House of Mystery #161--Solid 6.5 copy---Asking $6

Strange Adventures #197--I love these older classic DC covers.  Here is a nice 5.0 or better copy.  Asking $10

Superman #184--This book would get a huge boost if it were cleaned.  Very cool cover of Superman getting burned at the stake.  Solid 5.0/5.5.  Asking $6

Superman #196--This is an awesome copy.  The colors are bright.  Just gorgeous.  Back cleaning would improve it.  Solid 7.5 or better.  Asking $15

Superman #201--I love this cover....just cool.  Sharp copy except bottom staple is popped.  So lets say 6.0.  Asking $6

House of Mystery #165 --These get no love and they are a ton of fun to read.  I bet at one point these will shoot up in value.  Solid 6.5 copy.  Asking $5

Wonder Woman #157--Im in love with any silver age book with orange pages.  But if i keep this its the only one ill have past #104.  Im completing 1-104 only...you guys get the rest.  This is a solid 5.5 .  I docked it for back cover dirt, cleaning would help.  Also bottom staple is popped.  Asking $25

Wonder Woman #161--Here is wonder woman hanging out with my people lol.  There is slight moisture on the "N" and the "D" in Wonder.  Other than that very nice copy.  Lets call this a 6.0.  Asking $25

Wonder Woman #166--This book could really use a press.  If you give it one it will get a bump.  Solid 6.5 copy here.  Asking $25

Wonder Woman #167--Here is a solid copy with a very cool cover.  Small stain on back cover.  But a nice 6.5 or better copy.  Asking $25 SOLD

Wonder Woman #168--Very nice orange cover here.  Back cover dirt brings this down.  Solid 6.5 or better copy.  Asking $25

Wonder Woman #170--This is a solid 7.0 copy.  Crease across top of cover or would be much higher.  Asking $25

Tales To Astonish #78--Here is a 6.5 or better copy.  1st Conrad Zaxon.   There is a crease bottom right.  Sharp book.  Asking $20

ASM #35--Nice copy except the back cover coupon is cut out.  Get the second Molten man for cheap  Asking $15 SOLD

House Of Mystery #171--Here is a nice 7.0 copy.  Back cover dirt and some front cover creases bring it down.  Asking $8

House Of Mystery # 157--Bottom spine split, spjne wear. Solid 50 copy.  Asking $5

The Owl #2--Here is a nice Gold Key book.  This is a solid 7.5 copy.  Dirt stain on the cover otherwise sharp.  Asking $6

Battle Classics #1--Such a cool cover and this baby is sharp.  I say this is a 9.0 copy.  Asking $6

Fantastic Four #167--Here is another solid book.  Nice 7.5 or better copy.  Asking $6 SOLD

Justice League of America #142--Another very cool cover.  Love robots lol.  Solid 7.5 or better copy.  Asking $5

This next book is an odd one to me.  Ive only seen this copy, have not seen another.  Very cool thick book.  Incredible art and just beautiful exterior colors.  The inside is also amazing.  This looks and feels above 8.0.   Writing on top right of cover. But back cover had two small pieces of tape.  Lets call it 7.5.  Asking $40

Lil Genius #46--This is a solid 7.5 copy.  Asking $6

Forbidden Worlds #128--Here is a very nice copy.  I put this in the 6.0 or better range.  Asking $6

Ok next is a group of superman related comics.  There are 6 in total and all are well above reader.  Most 3.0 or better.  Asking $20 for all of them.

Group of two dell gold key books.  Very cool stories here.  Both in 6.0 or better. Asking $6

Two randoms.  Welcome back Kotter #1 and Marvel Super Heroes #100--Both in nice grade.  I would say 7.5 or better for both for sure.  Asking $6

Voyage to the Deep 2 comic lot--#2 and #3--# 2 is sharp 7.5 because interior slight staple pull--#3 is 6.5 cause of creases and usual wear--Asking $10

Flash Gordon v2. #17--Here is a nice sharp copy.  Solid 7.5 --back cover tanning brings this down.  Asking $7

Captain Atom v2. #81--This is a 5.5 copy.  There is a tear on left side of cover near the little rainbow guy.  Asking $5

Thunderbolt #60 and #73 two book lot--Both are 7.0 or better--Asking $15

Judo Master three book lot---#96,97,98--#96 is 6.0, #97 is 7.5 and #98 is 8.0--Nice solid group.  #98 is the origin of thunderbolt and a nice minor key--Asking $25

Superman #143--This is a solid 6.5/7.0 copy--Tiny stain back cover, tiny spine split bottom and top spine scuff--Asking $60

Detective Comics #258--Awesome cover with incredible art.  Solid 6.0++ copy.  Some creases front cover and light tears back cover keep this mid grade.  These go for $120 in this shape.  Asking $80

Werewolf #2--Cool book i dont see much or know much about---love the cover--Solid 5.0--There is a tear near top staple that goes through the pages.  But look how it presents--Asking $6

Wilbur #90--Cool cover....I once was on the receiving end of that ice cream in the shirt.  I beat my friends butt for it haha..  Sharp 7.5 copy.  Foxing back cover brings this down.  Asking $25

Adventures of the Fly #24--Another sharp 6.0 copy here.  Might grade a little higher but I noticed a slight stain front cover in the yellow on the floor.  Asking $10

Superboy #129--Nice 6.5 copy here.  1/2 inch spine split bottom of cover.  Asking $20

80 pg Giant #10 for anyone who needs one....I had 2 copies.  This is a about the same grade.  Solid 6.5 with 1/4 inch spine split top and bottom.  Long crease on back keeps this mid grade.  Asking $20

Daredevil #200....What is bullseye doing here hahaha....love this....is it Frank Miller?  I know nothing about anything past 1966 or so lol.....This is 9.0+....get it graded dont be shocked at 9.4 or better.  Asking $10

Felix The Cat 3d...#1--This is just awesome and I barely ever see them.  I posted this as a final book last thread for $100 so now ill give it away.  It has the glasses by the way but not attached...on interior.  Solid 6.0 or better.  Asking $50....trust thats a steal SOLD

Two marvel Comics.  The Avengers is sharp 9.0 or better, prob much higher and the dracula is 7.5 or so.  Asking $10 for the pair

Archie 4 comic group.  Two of them are very high grade and two are mid.  The date stamps on the two are awesome.  Asking $20 

Flash #165--Here is another great cover.  Back cover needs cleaning.  Solid 6.5 copy.  Asking $20

Flash #161--This is a Solid 6.0.  Needs back to be cleaned and has spine roll.  Asking $15

Flash #160--This is a Solid 6.0.  Needs back to be cleaned and has spine roll.  Asking $15

Flash #159--Back cover stain and dirt.  Lets call this 4.5.  Asking $10 SOLD

Peacemaker #5 and Premiere #1 and 2--All are really nice---$10 for all three

#8----Brave and the bold #38--This is a suicide squad appearance...I think #3...solid 5.5 complete copy with a cool date stamp on the cover.  Asking $50 SOLD

#4----Here is the Flash #116---Some of you need this.  And this one is a fraking beauty.  Solid 7.0 copy.  A press and clean would really enhance this.  Love this copy.  Asking $125 SOLD

#3---Flash #111---Another sick cover here.  Flash is the man.  This is a complete 4.5 copy with some creasing on the back cover and a small spine split top of cover.  Asking $70 SOLD

Edited by SOLAR BOY