• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane Winter signing

29 posts in this topic

We'rrrrre back........

Desert Wind is officially back to getting books signed for customers by Todd McFarlane. As many of you know, Todd McFarlane has very strict rules about getting books signed and graded by CGC. He only does two CGC signings a year, once in the late spring and once in the early winter. The exact dates of these signings are not announced until we get much closer to the signing date due to Todd's hectic schedule. So we simply announce accepting books early and will accept books up to the point when the signing is two weeks away, so submit early so you don't get caught by surprise and miss the signings.

The price to get a modern tier book signed and graded is $95.00. That price includes grading of a modern tier book, our witnessing and handling fee and Todd's signing fee. It does NOT include return shipping or the CGC $5.00 form fee. Please refer to the Celestial-comics.com website for other costs such as shipping and fast track fees. You must fill out a Celestial-Comics submission form found on our website to submit with any books submitted. There is NO limitations to the number of books submitted.

This signing will be running after the Legends in the Fall Tour hence we may be able to get additional signatures on the book prior to Todd signing. Contact us for more details. We look forward to once again helping customers to get their books signed by Todd. We started the Todd CGC signings back in 2010 and are super excited to be back after our short absence. Please send all emails questions to Sharon@celestial-comics.com.

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Edited by Celestial Comics

Should have went through you guys instead of NYComics. Still waiting since March for my books to be signed and sent for grading and the lack of communication and further findings that they have been getting their own books signed rather then the customers they took money from... :(

15 hours ago, PhoKing said:

Should have went through you guys instead of NYComics. Still waiting since March for my books to be signed and sent for grading and the lack of communication and further findings that they have been getting their own books signed rather then the customers they took money from... :(

Let us know if we can be of any assistance in getting any other books signed in the future. And especially if you would like to add David Michelinie to anything. Just email us at sharon@celestial-comics.com.

Edited by Celestial Comics

You know the guys at Ny Comics are real good guys.  They got my ASM 298 signed last year and it got a 9.8 even with them getting both sigs.  And they treated me very nice on the price.  The Sigs also have great color choice and perfect location.  This is only one of many books they have done for me.  They have also been in the business for around 10 years.  You should understand that sometimes creators change signing dates.  Maybe their books were mailed in to todd to sign at the office and they did not want to risk customer books so they chose to wait for the private signing to handle the customer books.

hey emailed with Sharon a few time about the details and pricing on a few sigs. she was supposed to get me but have not heard back for about 2 weeks now. is there another person/email I should be trying? I would like to submit a few books for Todd and your Legends.

thank you

I thought that McFarlane signings were handled exclusively by NYComics. What happened?

On 8/7/2017 at 8:10 PM, SignatureSelect said:

You know the guys at Ny Comics are real good guys.  They got my ASM 298 signed last year and it got a 9.8 even with them getting both sigs.  And they treated me very nice on the price.  The Sigs also have great color choice and perfect location.  This is only one of many books they have done for me.  They have also been in the business for around 10 years.  You should understand that sometimes creators change signing dates.  Maybe their books were mailed in to todd to sign at the office and they did not want to risk customer books so they chose to wait for the private signing to handle the customer books.

Kris,

Nice to see you popping your head up, but I would ask that you keep your solicitations for other facilitator in your own posts. Thank you and nice seeing you.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:29 PM, Pakinhwan said:

hey emailed with Sharon a few time about the details and pricing on a few sigs. she was supposed to get me but have not heard back for about 2 weeks now. is there another person/email I should be trying? I would like to submit a few books for Todd and your Legends.

thank you

We have been on the road for a show and are also getting ready to go on vacation so she has been slammed with invoicing and emails. You can also send the email to me at chandler@desertwindcomics.com and I will answer within 12 hours.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:05 PM, newshane said:

I thought that McFarlane signings were handled exclusively by NYComics. What happened?

To be accurate, Desert Wind originally handled the McFarlane signings exclusively when the signings first started back in 2010. After several years there was a change and the signings opened up to include others including NYComics, but NYComics were never exclusive. And this year Desert Wind has once again come back the help customers get their books signed as part of the McFarlane signings. I hope that clarifies the issue.

7 hours ago, Celestial Comics said:

Kris,

Nice to see you popping your head up, but I would ask that you keep your solicitations for other facilitator in your own posts. Thank you and nice seeing you.

I was not soliciting for anybody.  I was simply defending NY comics.  Explaining what could of happened and saying people should be more understanding.

I hope you do well with your Signing with Mr. Mcfarlane.

On 8/17/2017 at 1:50 AM, Celestial Comics said:

To be accurate, Desert Wind originally handled the McFarlane signings exclusively when the signings first started back in 2010. After several years there was a change and the signings opened up to include others including NYComics, but NYComics were never exclusive. And this year Desert Wind has once again come back the help customers get their books signed as part of the McFarlane signings. I hope that clarifies the issue.

How come you guys didn't do any signings during that "open" period and just came "back." I can't see you turning down a buck if you were truly one of the "included."  I smell wildly_fanciful_statement.