• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor Collecting Thread!
3 3

118 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

I can certainly get the tonality of the color on the cover to change by messing with the Histogram in Photoshop cutting the low points on both ends. 

It is not a Photoshop effect.......

The two issues have really different colors (blue vs purple)

1 hour ago, piper said:

What are the keys in a Thor set? (I always hear the advice to get the keys first)

For the Journey run, I'd venture #s 83,85 (first Loki),89 (classic cover),97 (origin Odin; first Tales of Asgard),103 (first Enchantress and Executioner),112 (Thor meets Hulk), and 119 (first Warriors Three) at least.  Maybe 115 for the origin of Loki and 102 for the first Sif.

Edited by namisgr

2 hours ago, namisgr said:

For the Journey run, I'd venture #s 83,85 (first Loki),89 (classic cover),97 (origin Odin; first Tales of Asgard),103 (first Enchantress and Executioner),112 (Thor meets Hulk), and 119 (first Warriors Three) at least.  Maybe 115 for the origin of Loki and 102 for the first Sif.

All must haves, but there is one other (minor key) - JIM #114 - 1st Absorbing Man! A personal favorite and, in my opinion, a classic cover!

SRrWaTN.jpg&key=9636f54d02e5dabf39f202f5

For Thor, I'd say 126, maybe movie ties (Ego, Hela), the Origin of The Inhumans ran as a back-up after Tales of Asgaard, and then, most importantly, there's my favorite Thor story! The Mangog arc runs from 154 to 157. Those who would call themselves Thor fans must at least read it, if not own it!

On 8/9/2017 at 10:18 AM, 01TheDude said:

well I will throw a few up that haven't been posted yet, in all their mid grade glory

NNz6o2Zl.jpg

Great comics, though I wonder what was going on behind the scenes at Marvel when Thor 158 went to press. The Marie Severin penciled cover looks like a stock photo without even a hint or blurb of what might be awaiting potential readers inside the issue. Maybe Kirby was way behind schedule (again) and Stan Lee told Marie to "make a cover, any cover, just make sure it has Thor on it!"

15 hours ago, namisgr said:

I love this cover art:

Thor150-1.JPG.2fe073276f0413bea0e81a22bac958dc.JPG

One of my favorite Thor covers. Hela is awesome, as always, and the looming maniacal visage of Loki seals the deal!

With a cover like this,  who wouldn't want to read this comic? :screwy:

On 8/12/2017 at 8:28 AM, Black_Adam said:

One of my favorite Thor covers. Hela is awesome, as always, and the looming maniacal visage of Loki seals the deal!

With a cover like this,  who wouldn't want to read this comic? :screwy:

Best Kirby Hela cover imo!