• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor Collecting Thread!
3 3

118 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

John G. Fantucchio pedigree ? Do you mean collection? Has John G. Fantucchio been given pedigree status?

No pedigree is correct, though the description can go either way it seems.:smile: Most 'collection' comic books if not all will denote that status on the label. Pedigrees on the other hand will have the original owner name or region that the books were found, i.e.- Edgar Church, Davis Crippen pedigrees or Don & Maggie Thompson collection.(thumbsu However, with the new CGC labels, I don't know if this has change for newly discovered estates/collections.hm(shrug)

Here is the description from my lot:

About the Pedigree:?
The John G. Fantucchio collection is a CGC recognized pedigree that includes nearly every comic published by Marvel and DC Comics from the inception of the Marvel era through the mid-70s. Rounding out the collection are many high-grade comic books from other publishers including Charlton, Gold Key, Dell, ACG, Tower, Warren and others. The books were collected by artist John G. Fantucchio and stored in ideal conditions. The result is a collection of beautifully preserved comic books with bright, bold colors and near newsstand-fresh page quality. John Fantucchio was one of the most prominent artists during the early days of comic fandom. He created hundreds of covers and illustrations for fanzines such as Rocket's Blast Comic Collector, Fantastic Fanzine, Comic Crusader, The Buyer's Guide For Comic Fandom, and others.