• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

defective cgc cases

5 posts in this topic

I recieved some cgc books during the the trial phase of the new cases. I now have press marks on the staples and wavyness to the books . What is CGC going to do to address this. Reslab with replaced books? Have they been sued over this? I tried reading threads but I cant find a thread with a resolution to this. Thanks

Contact cgc and they will give you instructions for reholdering the books.  They sent out a PSA right after the new slabs started shipping regarding replacing defective holders on their dime.  I sent one to be reholdered and it was a painless process.  As for being sued, I'm unaware of any lawsuits.  I'm also unaware of any books being damaged.  You may very well be the first.  You should upload pictures of the damage.  Would be interesting to see how they would come to damage a book.

Edited by comicquant

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

What do you mean by 'press marks on the staples?' Do you mean that off center staples parallel to the spine are being pinched tight by the mylar-like sheets that are causing Newton Rings? :cry:

Sounds like another Voldy attempt to reclaim severely dwindling market share...  I love these posts.  Their lack of creativity is stunning.