• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Amazing Spiderman #1 6.0 sale of 13k
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys.   Ive been kind of keeping track of ASM 1 6.0 for some time.   A 6.0 has been hovering between 7 to 8k for a while but I saw one sell in May 2017 for a little over 13k.  It had White Pages while the others were more or less OW-W.  Is that jump in price solely due to it having white pages? I know its only one sale and its hard to make a judgment but just thought Id see your thoughts.  Several 6.5s have sold this year and according to GPA, their prices have ranged from 10.6k to 13k (all pretty much OW-W).    Thanks in advance. 

The WP's might have helped, but I doubt a jump like that is solely from the WP designation.   A few factors that may have been at play:

1.  Was the book possibly an upgradable copy with a press?   Bump to 6.5 and you're right in the price range.   A bump to 7.0 and you're ahead.

2.  As AF15 gets further out of reach, maybe some people are jumping to ASM1 to fill the void.  Considering it's the 2nd app of Spidey and the 1st ASM issue it certainly doesn't get as much love as you'd think it should. 

4 hours ago, fishbone said:

Maybe no Marvel chipping as well ? (shrug)

Most likely.  I think you have to assume that any of the Marvel keys that are smashing GPA highs lately have to be strong eye appeal copies (which includes no/minimal MC).  

It's taken more time than I thought it would, but the market finally seems to be favoring those copies.