• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do PGX Signatures Get Honored by CGC?

9 posts in this topic

Pretty straight forward question, I'm looking into potentially getting a signed PGX graded comic. If I get it I wholly intend to mark it for CGC grading as soon as I get more things to grade with it.

The big question though, will CGC honor PGX's certification that it was signed by who signed it?

I get that the actual grade of the comic is likely to be different but will the signatures themselves still be recognized by CGC?

Does anyone know the answer to this or has done this before and care to share how it ended?

13 minutes ago, Moviemaster222 said:

Pretty straight forward question, I'm looking into potentially getting a signed PGX graded comic. If I get it I wholly intend to mark it for CGC grading as soon as I get more things to grade with it.

The big question though, will CGC honor PGX's certification that it was signed by who signed it?

I get that the actual grade of the comic is likely to be different but will the signatures themselves still be recognized by CGC?

Does anyone know the answer to this or has done this before and care to share how it ended?

The answer is no. 100% no.

Frankly, I'd be incredibly cautious with even the initial purchase. 

There have been entirely too many shady dealings involving PGX for me to ever want to buy one of their books.  I'd certainly never want to submit anything to them. 

2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

They actually get dishonored and ink shamed by CGC and the other legit sigs.

if I knew how to post gif's, I would post Cersei Lannister's walk of shame here.  Or if I knew how to edit meme's, I'd post a pic of that walk with a photoshopped PGX slab in Cersei's place.

I know how to do neither, but y'all can picture it in your mind.