• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre Code Horrible Covers: Celebrating the lame attempts of horror
2 2

70 posts in this topic

There's actually not too many that I don't like, in fact I like 'em all really! Just some more or waaay more than others. That said, this one is a bit on the weak side of scare...or disturbingly creepy. It could go either way! (shrug)

NightOfMystery1.jpg 

54 minutes ago, Jayman said:

There's actually not too many that I don't like, in fact I like 'em all really! Just some more or waaay more than others. That said, this one is a bit on the weak side of scare...or disturbingly creepy. It could go either way! (shrug)

NightOfMystery1.jpg 

Hideous.  I'm more scared of what his other hand is doing behind all of those buildings.

21 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Hideous.  I'm more scared of what his other hand is doing behind all of those buildings.

That's a good, bad one. Always makes me think of Frosty the snowman melted and is back for revenge.

10 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

I've never cared for this one. Neither the girl's posture nor the monster's face and design do it for me. Still I have a copy ...

Witchcraft 1.jpg

Yeah, besides the girl that cover is pretty weak. Why is she flashing a gang signal?

I nominate this as one of the lamest horror covers referenced in SOTI...

The monsters just look ludicrous...what is that hairy thing in the top left? The devil in the bottom left looks like some guy in a halloween mask. Above him, is that a malnourished yeti? And where's that skeleton hand grabbing her leg coming from...the skeleton is on the other side...the skeleton hand is coming from the yeti. Why does the yeti have a skeleton hand? :ohnoez:  lol  And why not...might as well throw a spider web in the background for good measure. :sumo:

strangemyst10_f.jpg

Edited by edowens71

3 minutes ago, edowens71 said:

I nominate this as one of the lamest horror covers referenced in SOTI...

The monsters just look ludicrous...what is that hairy thing in the top left? The devil in the bottom left looks like some guy in a halloween mask. Above him, is that a malnourished yeti? And where's that skeleton hand grabbing her leg coming from...the skeleton is on the other side...the skeleton hand is coming from the yeti. Why does the yeti have a skeleton hand? :ohnoez:  lol  And why not...might as well throw a spider web in the background for good measure. :sumo:

strangemyst10_f.jpg

I like it :x

Thanks for posting this, never ever seen it before. Also the devil creature only has one horn :devil:

Edited by Grantley Goddard

1 hour ago, retrocomics said:
1 hour ago, Scrooge said:

Witchcraft 1.jpg

Yeah, besides the girl that cover is pretty weak. Why is she flashing a gang signal?

....I think she's trying to protect her new Hairdo ........ GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

This one was included in a lot won on Heritage years ago. I was only really after one book in the lot. Just a silly cover!

WitchesTales28.jpg

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's super-lame!

46 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Chapter one...It was a slow night in the exciting horror cover thread...

ChamberOfChills21CGC7.5.jpg

Ha,  I always liked that cover. I mean, c'mon, a skeleton wearing a chain linked visor? Awesomeness