• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

n2wdw's Tales of the Comic Book Room
15 15

1,375 posts in this topic

When I get a minute at Christmas, would you mind if I post a couple of especially sharp Fabian pen and inks ? …. he did some exceptional covers for RBCC and CBG back In the day that I'm sure you remember. I found a hardcover anthology of his collected works for Judy and for some reason I thought of your thread …. some powerful Conan pieces from "Queen of the Black Coast, etc …If you don't already have a copy, you may wish to seek one out. It was published in 1993 so it's obtainable. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

43 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

When I get a minute at Christmas, would you mind if I post a couple of especially sharp Fabian pen and inks ? …. he did some exceptional covers for RBCC and CBG back In the day that I'm sure you remember. I found a hardcover anthology of his collected works for Judy and for some reason I thought of your thread …. some powerful Conan pieces from "Queen of the Black Coast, etc …If you don't already have a copy, you may wish to seek one out. It was published in 1993 so it's obtainable. GOD BLESS....

Yes, please do!

This is the cover of the book I got for Judy, I think from Bender's Books... a local LCS, for maybe 20 bucks ? Several copies on eBay... highly recommended at it's current price. It IS almost all pen and ink work inside,   cover price $ 24.95. GOD BLESS...

FABIAN'S LADIES AND LEGENDS.jpg

Christmas Gift #1

I'm at the point in my life that I buy my own Christmas gifts.  (The funny thing is, my wife picks her gifts too, but she usually wants me to still buy it for her, and wrap it -- I guess it's a girl thing.)  Also, whether something is a "gift" to myself or just something we need for the house is a judgment call.  Like, we got a cord of wood the other day because we needed it.  Is that a gift to myself, because I'm the one who likes playing with our wood stove?

Anyway, here's my first gift to myself for this Christmas.  It's the Dewalt oscillating multi-tool.  I've wanted one of these for a long time.  And this is in Dewalt's (relatively) new Max Extreme Runtime (XR) series.  I've been thinking about getting into this series for a few months now as my existing cordless tools are getting old (they're over 10 years old).  I decided to get the set because there are great Christmas sales going on now, and I really wanted the depth control accessory, and the cool storage box. 

61O5jPtdEDL._AC_SL1000_1.thumb.jpg.fc38f2d714a0c4040efed5fa95ba3d08.jpg

71B2Rkxwv6L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.8008baab711af91e05773f040e82aa23.jpg

Christmas Gift #2

My second gift was a big one, a new arcade machine.  Some may say this was over the top.  But this machine is part of how my family connects.  Our old one broke (which was close to 10 years old).  I thought about trying to fix it, but then I started to look around, and I found the technology had improved so much I was enticed to get something new.  This one has a larger 26" screen, and it tilts up.  So, for some games, you're facing each other (with the screen down, like with Super Mario Bros), and others you're next to each other (with the screen up, for the classics like Frogger and Dig Dug).  And this machine has 1162 games!  Including 49 of the top 50 arcade games of the 80s (the top 3 are Galaga, Pac-Man and Donkey Kong; for the full list, see https://www.ranker.com/list/best-80s-arcade-games/video-games-lists).

812I1iisp3L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.71fc9d49c7dbac4fc0d5e5158eba3166.jpg

29 minutes ago, n2wdw said:

Christmas Gift #2

My second gift was a big one, a new arcade machine.  Some may say this was over the top.  But this machine is part of how my family connects.  Our old one broke (which was close to 10 years old).  I thought about trying to fix it, but then I started to look around, and I found the technology had improved so much I was enticed to get something new.  This one has a larger 26" screen, and it tilts up.  So, for some games, you're facing each other (with the screen down, like with Super Mario Bros), and others you're next to each other (with the screen up, for the classics like Frogger and Dig Dug).  And this machine has 1162 games!  Including 49 of the top 50 arcade games of the 80s (the top 3 are Galaga, Pac-Man and Donkey Kong; for the full list, see https://www.ranker.com/list/best-80s-arcade-games/video-games-lists).

Did someone day Galaga?  Nice pick-up!

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Jeeze Mike!  I'm probably just getting some socks and a lot of bills.

I don't think I want to know what #3 is...

You're in LA with the great weather, so everyday is Christmas for you.  B|

9 hours ago, n2wdw said:

Christmas Gift #2

I look at this and think what comic could I buy equivalent to this? :tonofbricks:

(I checked out the Top 50 list and recall losing many a quarter...)

Edited by piper

1 hour ago, piper said:

I look at this and think what comic could I buy equivalent to this? :tonofbricks:

(I checked out the Top 50 list and recall losing many a quarter...)

You could buy a decent ASM 129 -- but then you wouldn't have the glory of beating your kids at Galaga!

On 12/23/2019 at 5:00 AM, n2wdw said:

Christmas Gift #1

I'm at the point in my life that I buy my own Christmas gifts.  (The funny thing is, my wife picks her gifts too, but she usually wants me to still buy it for her, and wrap it -- I guess it's a girl thing.)  Also, whether something is a "gift" to myself or just something we need for the house is a judgment call.  Like, we got a cord of wood the other day because we needed it.  Is that a gift to myself, because I'm the one who likes playing with our wood stove?

Anyway, here's my first gift to myself for this Christmas.  It's the Dewalt oscillating multi-tool.  I've wanted one of these for a long time.  And this is in Dewalt's (relatively) new Max Extreme Runtime (XR) series.  I've been thinking about getting into this series for a few months now as my existing cordless tools are getting old (they're over 10 years old).  I decided to get the set because there are great Christmas sales going on now, and I really wanted the depth control accessory, and the cool storage box. 

61O5jPtdEDL._AC_SL1000_1.thumb.jpg.fc38f2d714a0c4040efed5fa95ba3d08.jpg

I got to use one of these in the last year.  Quite the handy instrument.  Really great for cutting in tight spaces (usually for correcting a mistake that should have been cut earlier...).

Christmas Gift #3

The 3rd gift to myself is the 4K Harry Potter collection.  Some may think this is lame.  But Harry Potter is big in my family.  Even though I already have the movies on multiple physical and digital formats, I wanted this 4K version to keep up with my hardware technology (that is, my 4K TVs, which I love :x).  My wife and I have all our kids home for Christmas, and our goal is to re-watch the entire series using this 4K version.  As I type this, we're watching the 1st movie, Philosopher's Stone.  My early reviews of this collection is the video quality is amazing -- truly 4K.  I'm hoping they also improved the audio track.  Some of the movies had problems with this.  I'll report back after we've watched all the movies.

51UeuGq4LhL.jpg.95cf7b376407d43ed37be99f630ee1f0.jpg

On 12/22/2019 at 8:18 AM, Robot Man said:

Hey now wait a minute... You said GGA didn't you? Doesn't good gorilla art qualify? 

Or is it Gorilla Girl Art?

Whichever, this is one of the more insane JO stories written, and there were no shortage of crazy ones back in the day.