• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Affordable GA Comic Books HERE!! ***** NOW CLOSED**
1 1

70 posts in this topic

:news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news:

Hi Folks, Thank you for helping me reach my goal! To show my appreciation,  I'm offering a single discount for the books still available in this thread. There are some great books still here (see list below & last page), so take another look.

Read carefully, this one is a bit tricky. 

:news:

Buy any single book for 10% off*

Any book (or books) thereafter

will be 20% off*

*Take the discount off of the original amount. 

Hello all,

Just a a few quick books for today. I've got some last-minute funds to raise, so I'll keep adding books until I get there. Usual rules apply. Paypal payment required within 3 days of claiming. Shipping is free (first class or media) Priority and insurance $5 extra. Returns accepted within 5 days of receipt of book (with PM notification before sending).

Thanks for looking folks! 

RECAP OF WHAT'S STILL AVAILABLE:

Page One 

Jungle Comics #3 VG/FN (Apparent) $350

Fight Comics #39 FR/GD $75

Don Fortune Magazine #5 FN+ $55

Fight Comics #48 VG/FN $90

Smash Comics #6 - Jan 1940 - GD - $75

Looney Tunes #35 VF- $85

Daredevil #47 - VG+  $45

Feature Book #51 (Rip Kirby) - VG+ $55

Liberty Comics #11 - FN- $75

Key Comics #1 - Qualified GD+ - $65

Young King Cole Vol 1. #1 - FN- $100

Young King Cole Vol 2. #1 - GD+ $35

Young King Cole Vol 3. #3 - VG+ $35

Young King Cole Vol 3. #4 - GD $25

Young King Cole Vol 3. #12 - VG $35

**Or buy all the YKC's for $175**

Page Two

Planet Comics #21` GD+ $130

Fight Comics #25 - VG $85

Page Three

Rangers #39 - FN- $100

Rangers #64- FN $75

Wings Comics #76 - FN- $100

Edited by Soft-Serve
DISCOUNTS!!!

Jungle Comics #3 VG/FN (Apparent) $350

What we've got here and an excellent-presenting issue of a Iger classic cover. This book has two pieces of tape interior (sealing edge tears), also missing 1/3 of the right centerfold page (torn), affects story. 1/2" lower spine split, popped lower staple. Despite this, the book is flat, glossy, and color saturated.  Interior PQ is excellent!

*Sorry for the image quality, uploading here on the boards compresses the image. The book looks better in-hand.

Fiction House - Jungle Comics 003a (1).jpg

Fiction House - Jungle Comics 003a (2).jpg

Fight Comics #39 FR/GD $75
Ready to own a classic cover at a dirt-cheap price? Here you go, the "Smoking Gun GGA" classic. Lilly Renee art, this book is a must. Why so cheap? This issue has water damage and is brittle. Spine is half-split and all pages are separate, split at the spine. Despite that, you can read this book but it's best left as a Mylar Queen. Still, it is complete and has a pretty decent cover strike for this issue, so you really can't go wrong. 

*Sorry for the image quality, uploading here on the boards compresses the image. The book looks better in-hand.

Fiction House - Fight Comics 039b (1).jpg

Fiction House - Fight Comics 039b (2).jpg

Don Fortune Magazine #5 FN+ $55

I really love this cover. It's so happy. Anyway, the only real flaw I can find is one of teh interior pages is ripped half-way and repaired with tape. Mabe a little light creasing here an there. Otherwise another solid book made out of Post-war paper (heavy stock, sturdy) 

Don Fortune Magazine 005 (1).jpg

Don Fortune Magazine 005 (2).jpg

Fight Comics #48 VG/FN $90

Another great book with Baker and Renee art. This one's only issues are a small hole upper spine, a small piece missing back,  and tape back cover  (interior/exterior). Solid flat issue otherwise with white/off-white pages. Solid centerfold. 

Fiction House - Fight Comics 048 (1).jpg

Fiction House - Fight Comics 048 (2).jpg

Smash Comics #6 - Jan 1940 - GD - $75

This is a cool one folks. Published Jan 1st, 1940. Interesting male-bondage cover with intense color strike (deeeeep blues and reds). Book has lots of tape both interior and exterior (full spine). Cover is detached, but still attached to interior, by magic I assume. Book is complete, but 1st wrap has a large chunk torn from the middle affecting stories on the 1st and last pages. Book has been pressed so is flat and glossy. Mary Jane sig back cover (not relevant, just cool) Very readable. Snag a cool piece of comic history cheap! 

**Apparently the new site compress the images to apparently make them look terrible. Full-res scan upon request....

Quality - Smash Comics 006a (1).jpg

Quality - Smash Comics 006a (2).jpg

Looney Tunes #35 VF- $85
This book is newsstand fresh (not bad for 1944) Solid, shiny, & has white pages. Sole Defect is a substantial stain back cover & last page. Glossiest cover I've ever seen. 

**Apparently the new site compress the images to apparently make them look terrible. Full-res scan upon request....

Planet+032002a.jpg

BACK COVER:

Spoiler

Planet+033002a.jpg

Famous Western Badmen #14 FN- $75  SOLD TO CAV

Now here's a cool cover! I've always loved the movement in it. Anyway, book is solid, only a tiny upper spine split and a few spine holes to bring it down. Some creasing back cover, pressable. Good gloss! 

**Apparently the new site compresses the images to make them look terrible. (especially Reds) Full-res scan upon request...

Spoiler

Youthful - Famous Western Badmen 014 (1).jpg

BACK COVER:

Spoiler

Youthful - Famous Western Badmen 014 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Boy Loves Girl #41 FN- $45 SOLD

Uhmmm...good cover, right? Can't put my finger on why though. Book is solid, only some light wrinkling here and there to note. Would press up a point I think.  White pages interior. Cool Nov 5th Date stamp...

**Apparently the new site compresses the images to make them look terrible. Full-res scan upon request...

Spoiler

Lev Gleason - Boy Loves Girl 041 (1).jpg

Spoiler

Lev Gleason - Boy Loves Girl 041 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Daredevil #47 - VG+  $45

Attempted Suicide cover. Good flat book here. Staples pulling. Small upper/lower spine split. Great interior PQ. 

**Apparently the new site compresses the images to make them look terrible. Full-res scan upon request...

BACK COVER:

Spoiler

Lev Gleason - Daredevil 047 (1).jpg

Lev Gleason - Daredevil 047 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Feature Book #51 (Rip Kirby) - VG+ $55

Pretty nice book save for the several small pieces missing on cover: Hole next to gun & mid spine, piece upper cover, holes near lower spine cover, lrhc front, llhc back. Sounds like a lot, but I really don't notice. This is a killer cover (see what I did there) and it is very flat with nice gloss. PQ is great. 

**Apparently the new site compresses the images to make them look terrible. (especially the reds) Full-res scan upon request...

David McKay - Feature Book 074 - Rip Kirby (1).jpg

David McKay - Feature Book 074 - Rip Kirby (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Young King Cole Vol 3. #12 - VG $35

Last issue of the title! Solid book with some edge tears rear cover. Tight staples with lite rust on the bottom, no migration. The biggest issue is the 2" tear under the "Y". It is confined to cover only and does not go through the book. 

BACK COVER:

Spoiler

Premium - Young King Cole v3 012 (1).jpg

Premium - Young King Cole v3 012 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Young King Cole Vol 3. #4 - GD $25

Here's a well-read copy with some creasing. Cover is holding by the top staple, but in the way Indiana Jones hung on to that ledge after falling of the Nazi tank. Just barely. Solid interior though and the cover is, well, the dog's bollocks

*Book looks better than this compressed scan...

Premium - Young King Cole v3 004 (1).jpg

Premium - Young King Cole v3 004 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Young King Cole Vol 3. #3 - VG+ $35

Overall nice book with the only real issue being a short tear mid spine (cover only). Staples are holding, but top staple is popped from front. Solid interior. 

**Apparently the new site compresses the images to make them look terrible. (especially the reds) Full-res scan upon request...

Premium - Young King Cole v3 003 (1).jpg

Premium - Young King Cole v3 003 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Young King Cole Vol 2. #1 - GD+ $35

Pretty great cover here, with piece missing and someone's road trip budget written in pencil under title. 1-1/2" tear though "K", short tears along spine (cover only). Staples pulling a bit. Nice colors! 

Premium - Young King Cole v2 001 (1).jpg

Premium - Young King Cole v2 001 (2).jpg

aaaand the last YKC... 1st ISSUE! 

Young King Cole Vol 1. #1 - FN- $100

Awesome crime noir cover for the debut issue. Pretty nice overall. Tight staples with rust but no migration. Almost white pages. Glossy cover great color. Don't pass up this beaut! 

Premium - Young King Cole v1 001 (1).jpg

BACK COVER: 

Spoiler

Premium - Young King Cole v1 001 (2).jpg

Key Comics #1 - Qualified GD+ - $65

Great GGA cover!! Spine is a bit rough but stable (if it makes sense, the ink is chipping - not paper wear per se), 1-1/4" upper spine split. CF missing. That's why it's cheap. Marry it and make a better book (or just enjoy it for years like I have as-is)

*Book better than scan...

Consolidated - Key Comics 001 (1).jpg

Consolidated - Key Comics 001 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

25 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

Famous Western Badmen #14 FN- $75

Now here's a cool cover! I've always loved the movement in it. Anyway, book is solid, only a tiny upper spine split and a few spine holes to bring it down. Some creasing back cover, pressable. Good gloss! 

**Apparently the new site compresses the images to make them look terrible. (especially Reds) Full-res scan upon request...

Youthful - Famous Western Badmen 014 (1).jpg

BACK COVER:

Reveal hidden contents

Youthful - Famous Western Badmen 014 (2).jpg

take it