• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Happened to Date Joined?
2 2

49 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Pontoon said:

What happened to the "Date Joined" underneath our avatars in posts? It's a nice perk and I don't want to have to visit somebody's profile to see it. Arch - what's the word? :frown:

I still remembered the same thing happened several months ago when they first came up with the new boards.

I contacted Arch who told me it was a simple "fix", but low on their priority list at the time.  They eventually did put it back in after another week or so.  (thumbsu

Hopefully, this is similar with the new updated design they did last week and they will insert the "Date Joined" back in like last time.  :wishluck:

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting the issue with the search button on small screens... we'll try to get that fixed today.

This has already been noted, but join date is still accessible by hovering the avatar or username on desktop and it's available on mobile by tapping the avatar or username. For desktop, we can explore making it available without a hover, although I agree with Arch's assessment that this is low priority.

I'm not sure about adding join date on mobile. Hiding non essential info/features on small screens is a normal design practice... as it helps you focus on what's most important and minimizes scrolling. Join date is interesting to look at sometimes, but I'm not sure if its important enough to justify displaying it on every post for every author, every time anyone loads any page. Keeping it one hover/click away doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

For what it's worth, Join Date is just one of many fields that is hidden on mobile. For example, the custom titles, locations, and Kudo thread links don't display on phones either...

What do you think? All constructive feedback welcome!

Scott

4 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting the issue with the search button on small screens... we'll try to get that fixed today.

This has already been noted, but join date is still accessible by hovering the avatar or username on desktop and it's available on mobile by tapping the avatar or username. For desktop, we can explore making it available without a hover, although I agree with Arch's assessment that this is low priority.

I'm not sure about adding join date on mobile. Hiding non essential info/features on small screens is a normal design practice... as it helps you focus on what's most important and minimizes scrolling. Join date is interesting to look at sometimes, but I'm not sure if its important enough to justify displaying it on every post for every author, every time anyone loads any page. Keeping it one hover/click away doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

For what it's worth, Join Date is just one of many fields that is hidden on mobile. For example, the custom titles, locations, and Kudo thread links don't display on phones either...

Scott

Cheers Scott, keep it up :headbang:

For me, I'd want the minimum profile data showing on mobile screen posts given the size constraints. If users want to see the additional data, they can select the full profile. On desktop PCs, you have much more room to display additional profile data under the avatar - usually, we have a large dark grey block of nothing under it so any additional data helps break that up.

5 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I use the join date as a metric for deciding how seriously I should take someone.

Now you're just being Talkative? Martin.

4 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I use the join date as a metric for deciding how seriously I should take someone.

Seriously, I believe the join date is more important information on board members, than the post count. Just my opinion. :preach:

Edited by nepatkm
Information

On 7/31/2017 at 11:55 AM, Scott =) said:

Hi everyone,

Scott

Search function working on my mobile phone now!!! Thanks for all your efforts. (worship)

• Administrator
On 7/30/2017 at 9:08 AM, Dick Pontoon said:

What happened to the "Date Joined" underneath our avatars in posts? It's a nice perk and I don't want to have to visit somebody's profile to see it. Arch - what's the word? :frown:

The plugins that we used to show join date next to posts (it's not part of the core features) were recently updated to work with this newest version of the boards. So, I installed the update and it's back!

:banana:

9 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I don't care what everybody says... you're alright Arch!

^^

yeah - now let's go beat on some newbs! :sumo: 

9 hours ago, Architecht said:

The plugins that we used to show join date next to posts (it's not part of the core features) were recently updated to work with this newest version of the boards. So, I installed the update and it's back!

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Much appreciated!!

11 hours ago, Architecht said:

:foryou: