• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atomic Blonde
1 1

31 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

Odd, no thread for this just released movie?  It states it's based on the graphic novel The Coldest City .

I watched the film today. A throwback film to some great films of the 80s driven by arguably the best soundtrack I have heard in a long time. Eerily reminded me of Ashes to Ashes soundtrack from a British TV Show.

As I watched the film I told myself this is a film Abel Ferrara would have made in the 80s and had some essence Fassbinder and Tarkovsky in the film. I also thought man this would have been a great film for Joanna Lumley or Jenny Agutter in the 80s as well.

I absolutely loved the film and the only thing that brought this film down was that I watched the Complete Metropolis in the theater about 30 minutes before and the villain was too predictable. 8/10

I caught it yesterday and also adored it. The desaturated color palette of Berlin, the amazing soundtrack, the excellent fight choreography (that awesome stairwell fight cut to resemble a single take!), it was all right up my alley. Plus a mega babe kicking , looking beautiful while doing so, and occasionally indulging in girl girl lovin'...yeah, this was my kind of flick.

This movie totally rocked!!!! We get the action-female-Bond-Bourne-Reacher that we have

not seem before. The action set pieces were dynamic, real, and punishing. The movie was

well filmed, paced, and developed. The music was perfect!

8 out of 10.

Spoiler

The twist at the end was well played.

Spoiler
Spoiler

There appears to be no way to remove extra spoilers, oh well.

1 minute ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Glad to hear you guys liked it. I plan to see it next week.  Been listening to the cover version of Blue Monday a lot on YouTube.

did someone say Blue Monday? 

ps Hi MarK!

28 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Thanks for posting the song. New Order rocks.

I might watch this movie just for the soundtrack!

15 hours ago, piper said:

Thanks for posting the song. New Order rocks.

I might watch this movie just for the soundtrack!

It's worth it for that alone! The movie is just so stylishly done, attention paid to every visual and audio detail.

Also, I'll warn that this is NOT the movie to watch if you're trying to quit smoking! Halfway through, I needed a butt.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Also, I'll warn that this is NOT the movie to watch if you're trying to quit smoking! Halfway through, I needed a butt.

Glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on that. I mean it was the 1980s, and Germany. Everyone smoked. 

2 minutes ago, Rodey said:

Glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on that. I mean it was the 1980s, and Germany. Everyone smoked. 

Yeah, it was period/setting accurate, but it's been a LONG time since I've seen a film with that much smoking going on. Gave me flashbacks! :ph34r: