• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic on craigslist
3 3

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

The important thing to remember is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  Happy to see a boardie come home with those.

Criminals also miss 100% of their shots if you aren't in the area.  

There wasn't anything specifically alarming about this ad but you never know.  The tomb 10 seems way underpriced  (VF?) and the iron fist seems way overpriced (G to VG) which to me says he is probably not a very knowledgable collector.  That tends to be a good thing as it doesn't come off as shady.

Edited by 90sChild

Just now, spiderman12 said:

Nice. What kind of stuff do you collect?

Been collecting a long time, and as a result I have most everything I wanted (within reason...still would like a Cap America #1, but that's likely not going to happen)...so these days, I just try to improve on the copies I already have, or buy newer stuff. off the rack at my LCS.  I have full runs of FF, DD, Conan, Captain America (and TOS with Cap),  Captain Marvel (Silver age).  My brother recently gave me all of his early Hulks, up to about #200 or so, so I'm thinking of filling in his Tales to Astonish gaps.

If he happens to have some silver age that you're not interested in, let me know...I definitely don't want to poach!

Glad it worked out for you, congrats! 

I don't check CL that often, but here in Orlando I've been checking periodically for years and have NEVER seen anything of any value like that....the vast majority of comic-related ads are tons of "I BUY COMICS" solicitations. The only stuff for sale is overpriced drek or dirt common $1-5 books. I think if anything of value that wasn't dramatically overpriced ever showed up on Orlando CL they'd have 100 emails and phone calls in seconds....

Glad this deal turned out to be the real thing!  Congrats on the purchase and glad you kept things safe.  I surf Craigslist on the off chance there is something of interest and came upon this ad: https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/clt/d/marvel-comics-avengers-1-4/6218627059.html I answered expecting the deal to be bogus or some kind of scam, after asking the seller to meet at my place of business and deciding he was on the up-and-up I became the proud owner of Avengers 1-4, with #1 being around a 5.0 and the #2 and #4 looking very high grade.  Like the OP I made sure everything took place in a safe location and didn't take any chances, the deals are rare but they do exist.

1 hour ago, spiderman12 said:

Another good lot in JAX- but I would not offer more than $400. Thoughts

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/clt/d/amazing-spider-manmore-comic/6242482083.html

$300 tops IMO.  which means he will probably decline.  But most of the books are bronze agers that sell in lots for around $8 each.

7 hours ago, 427Impaler said:

Glad this deal turned out to be the real thing!  Congrats on the purchase and glad you kept things safe.  I surf Craigslist on the off chance there is something of interest and came upon this ad: https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/clt/d/marvel-comics-avengers-1-4/6218627059.html I answered expecting the deal to be bogus or some kind of scam, after asking the seller to meet at my place of business and deciding he was on the up-and-up I became the proud owner of Avengers 1-4, with #1 being around a 5.0 and the #2 and #4 looking very high grade.  Like the OP I made sure everything took place in a safe location and didn't take any chances, the deals are rare but they do exist.

Wow- great stuff. What an the ASM 129?

1 hour ago, spiderman12 said:

Wow- great stuff. What an the ASM 129?

Yes, after the first deal was done I ended up buying a short box of silver and bronze from the same seller.  Mostly common books but there was the ASM 129 and a Giant Size X-Men #1.