• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
17 17

1,545 posts in this topic

Wifey got the LP for me as a gift. Chunky neck and heavy but beautiful nevertheless. Joe Bonnamassa limited. Have to keep it!

62 is truly vintage! How about a picture? The EB-3 bass is from about 1970. 

Edited by silverweb

21 hours ago, silverweb said:

Wifey got the LP for me as a gift. Chunky neck and heavy but beautiful nevertheless. Joe Bonnamassa limited. Have to keep it!

62 is truly vintage! How about a picture? The EB-3 bass is from about 1970. 

I don't have any pictures of my guitars right now. But here is my practice amp...

mickeyamp.jpg

28 minutes ago, silverweb said:

Wow, that little Fender looks 60's also. Kool!

'56 Got it at a flea market from a lady with a Fender Broadcaster I sadly no longer own. Sounds clear as a bell up to about 6 then it gets that "growl". I have even miked it on stage through a PA system a few times. My regular amp is a black face pre-CBS tube twin reverb.

:martini:      Happy New Year to all!!!    :martini:

I think this piece of original art by Bill Layne says it pretty well.

You may have seen his work and not known it - on vintage calendars, puzzles, playing cards, etc. - elves and animals, and all other things of 1950's goodness.

35378661.315159f1.1024.jpg

Edited by PopKulture

Leather-bound books. Only have a few so far, but my goal is to have many, and for my apartment to smell of rich mahogany lol. The bookends are Teak, not mahogany, but I made them myself. Repurposed them from extra corbels I had from a different project. They're all Easton Press and are can be had relatively cheap considering their quality. Silk moire end pages, gilded edges and ribbon markers. I hear Franklin Library makes comparable editions as well.

books.thumb.jpg.a68507a5905ba614b02d33e855d5ad46.jpg

I still collect 1940 Superman Puzzles.  One I didn't have showed up on eBay recently but then I got to thinking maybe I did have it.  I went and looked and sure enough I had it.  I wasn't sure if it was complete or not so decided to build it tonight.  It is complete!  This is one of the ones that doesn't show up often.  I have seen 3 in the last 20+ years of collecting them.

SM300IMG_2728.jpg

Edited by batman_fan

On 16/8/2017 at 3:30 AM, damonwad said:
On 16/8/2017 at 1:59 AM, Scrooge said:

To gauge the extent of propaganda in the period, check out these facing pavilions of Germany and the USSR, flanking the Eiffel tower during the Universal Expo in Paris in 1937 -

Here's a link to a British video with some shots (more are on YouTube but a lot are in French with more scenes) - 

Expo Universelle Paris 1937 - Germany USSR.jpg

This is new to me. Very odd seeing the swastika openly displayed right at the Eiffel Tower 3 years before the invasion.

Suffice to say that most of the comics journals titles were shut with the occupation.
And "Le Temeraire", one of the few new comics journal launched under the occupation was full of subtle nazist rhetoric and propaganda.
Occupied France is definitely a weird and mysterious place… 
Here's an anti-american issue of "Le Temeraire" which i already posted.
I am not aiming to complete the series (38 issues plus 3 special ones between 1943 and 1944) but I have a good number of them.

Plus, I have learned that it’s not so surprising to see swastika flags displayed in the 1930s. I found a picture of students waving various flags in a square in my city, and a pair are nazist flags (and this before our entering the war, of course).

o2mT3dmh.jpg

Edited by vaillant
typo

Yup, unknown state-side for sure but certainly I have very well read all my albums. La Frontiere de la vie (1977) remains by far my favorite as also was The Titans (1978) and Message for Eternity (1975). The back and forth between earth-bound mysteries and out of space adventures was (is) great and the scientific underpinning of the stories like not much else around in the mainstream. Thanks for posting this :foryou:

2 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Yup, unknown state-side for sure but certainly I have very well read all my albums. La Frontiere de la vie (1977) remains by far my favorite as also was The Titans (1978) and Message for Eternity (1975). The back and forth between earth-bound mysteries and out of space adventures was (is) great and the scientific underpinning of the stories like not much else around in the mainstream. Thanks for posting this :foryou:

Are the french postcards yours, Scrogey?

Yoko Tsuno is pretty unique for sure: are you canadian? I don’t recall. Great to hear that english language albums were done, anyway. Unfortunately in Italy there is very little, as it was serialized on a magazine but only recently they started albums, following the recent french archives.