• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
17 17

1,545 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

These are fun. The Jackie Robinson is especially in demand and hard to find...

dimebanks.jpg

Beyond cool, and in great shape all. Impressive as always, Robot Man. I've only encountered the Snow White in the wild at a very reasonable price. Any other time I've seen them the dealers knew (or suspected) they had something special.  :whistle:

In addition to my comic book and art affliction, I also love early comic and advertising pinbacks.  I post some of my collection on my pinback website:  www.pinbacks.com

Here are some recent purchases that I haven't had time to file way in the collection yet:

pinbacks.jpg

Edited by mlansdown
added missing description

38 minutes ago, mlansdown said:

In addition to my comic book and art affliction, I also love early comic and advertising pinbacks.  I post some of my collection on my pinback website:  www.pinbacks.com

Here are some recent purchases that I haven't had time to file way in the collection yet:

pinbacks.jpg

:whatthe:   :whatthe:   :whatthe:  Wow Mark! Real nice “recent purchases”. As you know I am also a lover of these. You’ve got several that I still need myself. I rarely find them anymore. Even on eBay, I rarely see much I need. These are VERY tough gang!  (worship)

7 hours ago, pmpknface said:

That Elvgren is AWESOME!!!  I'm just getting by with the Taschen books (who are having a sale right now) and a $10 poster I got framed.  This was the one I got:

33177.jpg

Elvgren is by far my favorite pin up artist.  So, hot and flirty. That’s a nice one with a great gag! 

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Elvgren is by far my favorite pin up artist.  So, hot and flirty. That’s a nice one with a great gag! 

I agree!  If anyone out there is interested in this stuff, I suggest this one.  There are other Elvgren books but this has 'em all.  You can find it cheaper elsewhere, but this book is amazing:

https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/sex/all/01116/facts.the_art_of_pin_up.htm

Hardcover, clothbound with jacket, ribbon bookmark, 11.4 x 15.6 in., 546 pages, in cardboard box with handle

pin_up_history_xl_int_3d_01116_150313093

5 minutes ago, pmpknface said:

I agree!  If anyone out there is interested in this stuff, I suggest this one.  There are other Elvgren books but this has 'em all.  You can find it cheaper elsewhere, but this book is amazing:

https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/sex/all/01116/facts.the_art_of_pin_up.htm

Hardcover, clothbound with jacket, ribbon bookmark, 11.4 x 15.6 in., 546 pages, in cardboard box with handle

pin_up_history_xl_int_3d_01116_150313093

:luhv:

No kidding!  I have a few other Taschen books, some smaller but I also have this one on magic posters from the early 1900's.  This one is also about 500+ pages.  I have it on display in a room at all times (for the moment, my daughter is only 16 months so there is a time coming...) using one of the Taschen display stands.  

https://www.abebooks.com/Magic-1400s-1950s-Steinmeyer-Jim-Caveney-Mike/30321752871/bd?cm_mmc=ggl-_-US_Shopp_Trade-_-used-_-naa&gclid=CjwKCAiAj-_xBRBjEiwAmRbqYii5IfWE-_OiXBTv_F4gqVRJ62_X0W3VobYnVzvOvdi7MqBaIgSx8BoC82QQAvD_BwE

30033284452.jpg

Oh, it's got info from Ricky Jay if you know who he his.  If you don't google him and look at his videos.  It'll blow your mind!  He owns a bunch of the images pictured in this book.  If you dig anything "pulp" you'd totally love this!  There are also smaller volumes of this book broken up into 2 parts.  

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

:whatthe:   :whatthe:   :whatthe:  Wow Mark! Real nice “recent purchases”. As you know I am also a lover of these. You’ve got several that I still need myself. I rarely find them anymore. Even on eBay, I rarely see much I need. These are VERY tough gang!  (worship)

Thanks for the kind words, Bob.  You and I obviously share the same collecting madness.  Every time you post something on the boards, I either have it or I want it.  :)

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, Elvgren seems to have emerged as the most iconic of that Big 3 of pin-ups: Petty, Vargas, and Elvgren. That would've been unheard of in the 70's when Esquires were hotly collected and almost nobody even knew who he was. His style is so whimsical and his women so vivacious. Great stuff.  (thumbsu