• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,549 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

Actually it's a Nintendo Vs. model from '84 affectionately known as a "Red Tent" plays up to 4 players and has monitors on both sides. I just bought it last weekend, that's why it's in my living room, and not with the rest of the games upstairs. It's a broader "Nintendo" collection, not only the arcades. Everything from the NES up until today, including the arcades, and imported stuff from their pre video game days in Japan. 

22005901.jpg

A. What's up with the two creepy statue heads in the background?  

B. Why does this fell so "Skynet" to me?

C. Cool arcade score. I'd love to have an old machine or a pin-ball machine.

Edited by path4play

I don't pursue these as much as I used to, but I still have a soft spot for early American magazines. No "run collecting" here, just a nice example or two of pretty much any title, from trade journals to women's magazines to general interest. The cover art drives it as much as the contents for the older stuff.

33378435.7eab40ab.800.jpg

35056571.e7dfdeba.800.jpg

33379479.a645bb8e.800.jpg

35056589.c9098c64.800.jpg

On 2/5/2020 at 6:49 PM, Robot Man said:

Anybody collect nodders or as they call them now "bobble heads"?

66nod1a.jpg

Hi Bob,  I like nodders too, but I prefer the German bisque comic nodders from the late 1920s.  Do you ever run across these little gems?  It's a challenging set to put together and the artistry of the figures is quite impressive!

nodders.jpg

12 hours ago, mlansdown said:

Hi Bob,  I like nodders too, but I prefer the German bisque comic nodders from the late 1920s.  Do you ever run across these little gems?  It's a challenging set to put together and the artistry of the figures is quite impressive!

nodders.jpg

I have had some but don’t collect them. Personaly, I think they are cool and you have quite the collection! Sadly, these are forgotten characters in today’s society. I see a few here and there once in a great while but rarely buy them. 

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Actually, 3 times!   I grew up in maybe the best era in American music. 

Yes, you did. And in a great area - so many classic venues big and small. 

Doors, Yardbirds, Big Brother. Kind of your own Endless Summer. You're going to have to write your memoirs, methinks.

Still jealous, by the way. (:

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Love it! I'll see your 1930 baseball game and raise you the football one...

baseballgame.jpg

footballtoy.jpg

Yes the football game is awesome. I have seen 4 of the baseball games for sale in the wild but only 1 of the football. When I finally got some money to go buy it the game was gone.

10 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have more than this. I used to collect autographs but lately they don’t mean as much to me.  

82DC56BE-5938-425F-8ED0-184CDC54A453.jpeg

B2059C85-7884-4CDC-B28D-8780072C7DDB.jpeg

A8AA0B9D-2EAC-4037-9B2A-4D15E3B18918.jpeg

B6AA3B58-5145-4F78-889E-65D2AC69E983.jpeg

Autographs only mean something to me when I get them in person. Highlights for me were Joe DiMaggio in the hall at a hotel and Little Richard at LAX airport. Just fun and unexpected experiences. 

I have actively hunted down my favorite comic artists since the mid ‘70’s and have many of the greats when you didn’t have to pay for them and could spend a couple minutes to speak to them. 

34 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Autographs only mean something to me when I get them in person. Highlights for me were Joe DiMaggio in the hall at a hotel and Little Richard at LAX airport. Just fun and unexpected experiences. 

I have actively hunted down my favorite comic artists since the mid ‘70’s and have many of the greats when you didn’t have to pay for them and could spend a couple minutes to speak to them. 

Yeah, I’ve come to agree with you on that actually, except for a few people who have passed on like Bill Bixby, who was my favorite actor as a kid.  Celebrity, in general, doesn’t mean much to me anymore.