• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
17 17

1,545 posts in this topic

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

i had an Schwinn "Apple Crate" when i was 10 yrs old , it took my step father two days to assemble it , it was awesome... unfortunately it was stolen within the year

That's terrible.  These bikes are still fun to ride.  Pretty inexpensive as well.  I hate to say it, but more fun than a comic?

On 4/13/2020 at 1:59 AM, littledoom said:

vintage t shirts... if you have any message me... all types... ALL.. interested in the 90s comic ones

i sold some vintage concert t-shirts i had in my drawer for 40 years... even though the were worn out i still got $40 each for them a eBay

On 5/15/2020 at 9:20 AM, ThothAmon said:

Pinball back glass. Trying to figure out the best way to hang these?  Mirror clips? Should they be backlit?  Never had to fear gushing blood from dropping a comic. 

Fireball was probably the toughest game to win a free game on back in the day ... that spinner right in front of the flippers made it real tough to get a high score, my buddy finally solved Fireball though..... he got a huge magnet from one of the giant record players speakers from back in the day and and when the free game light was one he was able to catch the ball in play when it rested on a flipper and move it over to the free game chute !!!

On 5/15/2020 at 9:20 AM, ThothAmon said:

80C43E54-75F1-4692-9D9E-B2E64108A63C.jpeg

me and ,my buds grew up playing pinball at the arcades in the 70's 

we had it down pat to win free games , my buddy was a pinball wizard and i learned from him and got good too ! my buddy could max out free games (usually a max of 25 games per machine) and then we would sell the machine to some other kid for a couple bucks with the 25 games on it ! a couple tricks that we used to play for free were .. well of course we would flatten out a penny to the size of a quarter , that always worked but it was hard work flattening the penny with a hammer , took about five minutes ,,, but the neatest trick my buddy knew worked on Bally machines only,,,

you would merely drop a nickel into the coin slot as slowly as you could,,usually the nickel went through into the coin return but eventually on the right machines the nickel would stick ! and then you dropped 2 pennies in after that, the 2nd penny would register 2 free games !!!!!!

i was a huge Larry Bird fan back in the day and would buy his stuff , i still have some of it including this ball i bought in 1988 and kept in nice condition ever since

i almost drove down to French Lick Indiana (a six hour drive) to go to his restaurant back in the 80's because i heard they had a gift shop where you could get everything Bird !!

i was even going to get some Larry Bird shower curtains lol 

DSCN3576.JPG

On 11/19/2020 at 1:38 AM, fifties said:

Can't believe that I missed this thread.  I used to collect old AM radio's.  I say "used to", but I ran out of room many moons ago, LOL!  Here's a few;

computer room sets 2.jpg

Wow, this is a really impressive collection, and so well curated as well! Kudos!! :headbang:

44 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

What did you sell him?

Nothing.  He was paying back his student loan when he was a graduate student at Yale. The letter was taken from his file in the Bursar office after The Fonz became a thing.  You can still see the folds from where the check was attached too.