• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
17 17

1,545 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2020 at 5:15 PM, Robot Man said:

Great stuff. 78's like these are tough to find. I have my mom's collection of blues, hillbilly and early rock 'n roll 78's buried in my garage. A few real good ones. My mom was a real hipster in her day. If you collect them, you really need to pick up a copy of "Not for sale at any price". Must have book. Google it. You really need one of these to display your 78's in...

bluebirdrecordsdisplay1.jpg

I don't actively collect, but I do have my mother's 45 collection.  She purchased most when first out of high school.. 1955.  Some pretty good music for sure.

17 minutes ago, Ameri said:

I still collect old super 8mm digests. Betamax and VHS players destroyed that industry. Why settle for a 10 minute digest and have to set up projectors and screens if you could get the whole film right on your TV?

movie Stephen 8mm2.JPG

movie Stephen 8mm1.JPG

movie 8mm castle films display2.jpg

Do you still ever project them? I have one old projector that still runs but needs a bulb; I transferred my old personal film to VHS long ago but would love to do it digitally today.

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

24 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

And that's about what I paid only fifty years later!!

What condition is the record in?

I still have my old Disney Zorro 45 "Out of the night, when the full moon is bright, rides the horseman know as Zorro..."    

Edited by pemart1966

1 hour ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Do you still ever project them? I have one old projector that still runs but needs a bulb; I transferred my old personal film to VHS long ago but would love to do it digitally today.

The Wolverine Moviemaker Pro will let you convert 8mm film to digital, but no sound.

I have the earlier model that could only convert smaller reels.

78B8061A-9153-47C2-A3D0-7F5A4982EA73.jpeg

On 12/10/2020 at 7:37 AM, Chief1332 said:

I don't actively collect, but I do have my mother's 45 collection.  She purchased most when first out of high school.. 1955.  Some pretty good music for sure.

She might have some good ones. Elvis on the Sun label, Little Richard on the Specialty label can have some decent value. If they have picture sleeves that is good too. Nothing quite as great as listening to early rock ‘n roll on vinyl.

Just now, Robot Man said:

She might have some good ones. Elvis on the Sun label, Little Richard on the Specialty label can have some decent value. If they have picture sleeves that is good too. Nothing quite as great as listening to early rock ‘n roll on vinyl.

I played them often as a youngster in the 70's.  Took a few to school so other kids could listen to them... fellow student wanted them more than I and took them home, without my permission.  One was an Elvis

I also collect these. Being a premium collector and a child of the late 1950's, I remember sending those box tops and waiting every day for the mail man. These are pretty elusive. I mean, how many people save the box once they are done with the product? 

Although, I do remember a small comic collection from the 1950's found stored in these. 

cboxrintintin1.jpg

On 12/18/2020 at 7:01 PM, Robot Man said:

cboxterrypirates1.jpg

cboxterrypirates2.jpg

Puffed wheat was horrible, almost as bad as Wheaties. :S