• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,549 posts in this topic

there is not, but you mentioning that makes me realize I need to get a copy, for that best film adaptation set.

my collection is what would be referred to as a "modern first edition" collection--very few "old" books in there.

7 hours ago, N e r V said:

IMG_0221.thumb.JPG.d409fe9652ca40afc91dd2689e2d3ff0.JPG

These totally bring back memories! I had a few of the ones you posted, but not on the cards! Bravo. I remember seeing Prudhomme race when I was a kid. The track where we would go most of the time is long gone and there are big $$$ homes there. Can't help but think there's more than one old car battery and some tranny oil under a few of those mansions. I think I still have a set of bagged Zowees, but that's about it.

7 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

I collect ephemera such as sports cards (baseball, basketball, football), nonsports cards, movie posters, and old car brochures.

What sort of movie posters do you collect?

I have a slew of one-sheets, mostly B movies, and most from the 50's. A few examples off the top of my head include Girls in the Night, Juvenile Jungle, Daddy-O, Magnetic Monster and Zombies of the Stratosphere.

I wish I had acquired more Reynold Brown before the book came out. Those are my favorite!

2 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

What sort of movie posters do you collect?

I have a slew of one-sheets, mostly B movies, and most from the 50's. A few examples off the top of my head include Girls in the Night, Juvenile Jungle, Daddy-O, Magnetic Monster and Zombies of the Stratosphere.

I wish I had acquired more Reynold Brown before the book came out. Those are my favorite!

I collect rubber suit monster Godzilla, Bruce Lee, Dirty Harry series, and James Bond one sheets.  I got most of them in the 70s for next to nothing.  I purchased an old RKO Walt Disney Donald Duck cartoon poster from Bob Beerbohm and traded for a Four Color 9 around 1975.  Never could find the Donald Duck poster again at a reasonable price.  There was a movie poster shop in the bad part of San Francisco called the Cinema Shop where I purchased many posters for $3.76.

1 hour ago, BitterOldMan said:

I collect rubber suit monster Godzilla, Bruce Lee, Dirty Harry series, and James Bond one sheets.  I got most of them in the 70s for next to nothing.  I purchased an old RKO Walt Disney Donald Duck cartoon poster from Bob Beerbohm and traded for a Four Color 9 around 1975.  Never could find the Donald Duck poster again at a reasonable price.  There was a movie poster shop in the bad part of San Francisco called the Cinema Shop where I purchased many posters for $3.76.

The Tenderloin?  I remember there being a number of used magazine/comic shops there, including one where the owner wrote his prices on the front cover with a black marker. :whatthe:

1 hour ago, lbcolefan said:

My favorite childhood toys:cloud9:

I still have most of my cars except the earliest ones that were so beat up that I sold them to someone who restores them.

I also have all of my track and accessories.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reminds me of one of the Speed Racer episodes that had those mass amounts of cars getting ready to race.

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

The Tenderloin?  I remember there being a number of used magazine/comic shops there, including one where the owner wrote his prices on the front cover with a black marker. :whatthe:

McDonald's book store.  Once you get pass the drug dealers and barkers for the strip joints, you walk into this huge disorganized book store, where you take your life into your own hands walking down the huge aisles stacked to the rafters with musty, dusty old books.  I felt unsafe and afraid that the books would fall on top of me any minute.  But you never know when that rare book that you are looking for all your life is right in front of your nose.  Ah, the thrill of the hunt.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I also collect the 1940 Superman puzzles

Captain Action figures and outfits

original artwork

Gum cards, focused on Mars Attacks right now

and rum, bourbon, and single malt whiskey 

IMG_2465.JPG

You need an original Mars Attacks wrapper.  I purchased the 1962 Mars Attacks cards from my local grocery store, but lost all of them running around the playground.  I completed my set in 1977  buying from Wholesale Cards,  want ads from The Trader Speaks, and my good buddy Dennis King of D King Gallery in Berkeley.  Dennis is the man, when it comes to old paper, especially rock posters.

By the way, I managed to scrape all my old photos from photobucket.

MarsAttacksWrapper.thumb.jpg.7b068b17badfbfead6a2185c869e6fd5.jpg

Edited by BitterOldMan
Corrected grammar error.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

original artwork

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2545.JPG

(worship)

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

original artwork

IMG_2265.JPG

Super impressive!! I am really floored by this puzzle. Supes means business and the expressions on those thugs are priceless. :golfclap: