• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
17 17

1,545 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Ltpink2002 said:

I enjoy collecting vintage posters:

IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_8128.jpg

IMG_7178.jpg

IMG_7173.jpg

IMG_7522.jpg

Took the wife to DC a couple weeks ago, and the Smithsonian Museum of American History had an exhibit dedicated to propaganda in the World Wars.  I can see a couple of these posters hanging in that exhibit hall no problem.  Some of their examples were incredible.  

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, Robot Man said:

matchesradio.jpg

matchescomiccharacters.JPG

matcheswestern.JPG

Wow, RM, talk about the gamut of character matchbooks! I have long craved the Mighty and the Shadow, but I had never seen the Terry. The Archie is a winner as well.

The Tom Mix arcade game double has got to be uber scarce. Great coin-op crossover item. :golfclap:

23 hours ago, Inaflash said:

Bad photos but I collect vintage telephones and cameras.

Ken

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

Cool! Do you work in the field? What got you started?

I fixed a pinball once for a guy who had a nice collection of that same model as you (Western Electric?). He told me what colors were the toughest, but I forgot. We had a yellow one, my friend had an avocado one.

21 hours ago, Ameri said:

This thread is on fire. Such neat stuff.  I like autographs

history dr seuss geisel.jpg

I've heard of one or two of those people...  I like that Geisel signs as "Ted" on the Seuss letterhead.

Do you specialize in entertainment mostly? Or do you branch out into historical, sports, etc.?

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I like posters too. Especially Rock 'N Roll ones

filmoreposters1.jpg

I'm sure you bought some of these back in the day -ergo, you've done very well. Some truly classic posters and all the right acts one would want if you were going to start your own museum. Real treasures, RM.

19 hours ago, Ltpink2002 said:

IMG_8128.jpg

Amazing stuff, everyone. There are some discerning collectors out there. No wonder we all gravitate to golden age comics as well... (thumbsu

The above are Muchas, yes? I have never seen these particular images.

One of my occasional diversions is to sit down with an old Postermania catalog and pick out my favorite poster from each page.

17 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Cool! Do you work in the field? What got you started?

I fixed a pinball once for a guy who had a nice collection of that same model as you (Western Electric?). He told me what colors were the toughest, but I forgot. We had a yellow one, my friend had an avocado one.

I don't work in the field. I've just always liked the way vintage telephones look, reminding me of a different time. The one pictured in the upper right corner of the photo is pretty tough. It's a 1957 dark Rose Beige model 500 telephone. Rose Beige was part of the first group of colored 500 telephones that Western Electric introduced. This is a highly sought after color only available for a few years before becoming manufacture discontinued. All original with all parts marked January 1957.

IMG_0462.JPG

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

I used to metal detect big time until ten years ago, i figured i made $1.50 an hour but it was very fun !!

Search Results

image.jpeg.46b3e6a1e875059f7424edc3310ebf7a.jpeg

Find anything interesting?  Mostly coins?

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Find anything interesting?  Mostly coins?

I found lots of fun stuff and it got me outdoors and was good exercise too...

Old and modern coins, rings ( a couple were gold) bracelets, necklaces, tokens,keys....lots of buried matchbox cars in schoolyards...

the bests places to search were old golf courses that had gone out of business !!

1 hour ago, PopKulture said:

Amazing stuff, everyone. There are some discerning collectors out there. No wonder we all gravitate to golden age comics as well... (thumbsu

One of my occasional diversions is to sit down with an old Postermania catalog and pick out my favorite poster from each page.

1 hour ago, PopKulture said:

21 hours ago, Ltpink2002 said:

IMG_8128.jpg

Mucha's Dust and Dawn.

3 hours ago, PopKulture said:

I've heard of one or two of those people...  I like that Geisel signs as "Ted" on the Seuss letterhead.

Do you specialize in entertainment mostly? Or do you branch out into historical, sports, etc.?

mostly entertainment but I have some historical and newspapers

history edison 4.jpg

history mickey mantle baseball1.jpg

hollywood disney dead newspaper 3.jpg