• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
17 17

1,545 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sagii said:

HA wasn't the only auctions closing this week. This was on Hakes

:whatthe: If i had known, i wouldn't have opened these and played with them..WOW!!

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/214560/STAR-WARS-BEN-OBI-WAN-KENOBI-12-BACK-A-AFA-80-NM-DOUBLE-TELESCOPING

I can't tell other people how to spend their money, but jeez...  :baiting:

12 hours ago, sagii said:

:whatthe: If i had known, i wouldn't have opened these and played with them..WOW!!

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/214560/STAR-WARS-BEN-OBI-WAN-KENOBI-12-BACK-A-AFA-80-NM-DOUBLE-TELESCOPING

just one of the crazy things lately :insane:

13 hours ago, sagii said:

To think how many of those I had that got frozen in carbonite (melted in the oven) or fell into the maw of the sarlaac (garbage disposal), or met some other gruesome end at my 10 year old hands.

15 hours ago, sagii said:

I know a number of Star Wars collectors that have some super valuable collections now with the figures, etc.

The time to buy was between the original trilogy release and the new movies in the late 90’s. There was a time in the 80’s were the figures were dirt cheap (including even rare carded ones) and many people were trying to get rid of the stuff. 

These guys built incredible collections from the Star Wars #1 variant edition to now rare carded figures to actual movie merchandise for very little money in many cases.

If you’re old enough to remember the original trilogy you lived through the “dead”period in Star Wars merchandise which seems totally strange now based on its worldwide popularity. 

On my “want list” for Star Wars items is the first printing from 1976 of the paperback. This was many months before the movie was released and only the first printing had this cover before the more movie friendly cover came into use. Copies are priced all over the place from $25.00 to $500.00 so shop carefully if you’re ever interested. 

8A3082FD-4089-4FC0-9410-E9807982AD2B.thumb.jpeg.cf90d6d6879945124b4518e88cd23439.jpegBFA086A8-65D2-4DD3-BB82-346BC11EF03A.thumb.jpeg.08ec8da49def079b0d9c59a2e2a72682.jpeg27DAEA11-073F-438E-8AD7-1046A5E880B0.thumb.jpeg.156bd8abc4c064685f85a3d33b99499f.jpegCFAF5ADA-D28D-4705-A647-8EF4172B2EC1.thumb.jpeg.91bbf84252f8d5aeb5ced68532a0795b.jpeg03AA0536-9C98-4EF7-B1FB-1CC2B50589E4.thumb.jpeg.b6bdaf1f380d3596980d5289c3726b25.jpeg

3 hours ago, N e r V said:

I know a number of Star Wars collectors that have some super valuable collections now with the figures, etc.

The time to buy was between the original trilogy release and the new movies in the late 90’s. There was a time in the 80’s were the figures were dirt cheap (including even rare carded ones) and many people were trying to get rid of the stuff. 

These guys built incredible collections from the Star Wars #1 variant edition to now rare carded figures to actual movie merchandise for very little money in many cases.

If you’re old enough to remember the original trilogy you lived through the “dead”period in Star Wars merchandise which seems totally strange now based on its worldwide popularity. 

Strangely enough , I do remember the 'rekindled' era in Star Wars merchandise between the first two trilogies. Your comments opened up a forgotten memory of a guy who knew I was into geek culture and hounded me for months to connect him with anyone who I knew of who had Star Wars stuff he could potentially buy. lol

Should of realized he was onto something.  And yes, hard to imagine a time when anything Star Wars was 'dead'.

5 hours ago, comicjack said:

just one of the crazy things lately :insane:

An early (but not first) version of Super Mario Bros (sealed) sold for 30k a while back.    I am happy to have the only sealed first to come to market so far.   

I also enjoy (and really much prefer) collecting the extremely rare related OA as well like this Sonic Spinball that my girl is hard at work polishing ;)

38PUxK8.jpg

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

An early (but not first) version of Super Mario Bros (sealed) sold for 30k a while back.    I am happy to have the only sealed first to come to market so far.   

I also enjoy (and really much prefer) collecting the extremely rare related OA as well like this Sonic Spinball that my girl is hard at work polishing ;)

38PUxK8.jpg

Now that’s pretty cool.

Do you have a pix of the entire piece?

I never even thought about original art to video game packages before but I guess everything is in play these days.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Mouse trap from Santa was a favorite at my house!

I have that and Crazy Clock but not Fish Bait, the toughest it seems in that trilogy of Marvin Glass games.

I have Bang Box, Big Sneeze, Bask, Tip-It. Ker-Plunk and several more like those. All big space wasters but great memory triggers.