• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,546 posts in this topic

I don't collect View Masters but I do sell them very well at the flea market. I made over $250. on them yesterday. The early Disneyland ones and TV show ones bring very good money to collectors in my area. I usually don't have them long enough to take any photos of them.

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don't collect View Masters but I do sell them very well at the flea market. I made over $250. on them yesterday. The early Disneyland ones and TV show ones bring very good money to collectors in my area. I usually don't have them long enough to take any photos of them.

Cool. I bought those off eBay in the past and save my old scans of them from the sellers listings. They aren't super expensive but certain ones move quickly and finding them completely undamaged is another issue when buying.

I have a lot of different magazines in my collection. Here’s one of the more popular and now historic ones.

A cover story on Popular Electronics could launch a new product or company. The most famous issue, January 1975, had the Altair 8800 computer on the cover and ignited the home computer revolution. Paul Allen showed that issue to Bill Gates. They wrote a BASIC interpreter for the Altair computer and started Microsoft.

4F1FF122-FB0E-4FB6-A5A3-A16BAC8C131C.thumb.jpeg.3c67a1ea50f849fad3fc7cba06eaf74c.jpegA4A772BD-D377-4B61-83B7-81FF6FADDF24.jpeg.89aef1feac25c57af98453a34a726c38.jpeg78D234D9-4A7D-45D1-BD07-8F031690DD34.thumb.jpeg.44a4ef0ea8df0d2946ee2f4b75db3612.jpegB442A019-CF23-4AE8-B775-587D62C3B521.thumb.jpeg.36365ab8260bcf62ceebf2974cd04551.jpeg

If if you ever saw the TV movie of Pirates of Silicon Valley you might remember the scene where Paul Allen shows this issue to Bill Gates

Edited by N e r V

Sometimes you find something that you ultimately decide you can not part with. A long time ago I was at an estate sale and found a war chest of affects of a WWl vet who I’m quite sure worked with horses. American Expeditionary Forces brought 186,000 horses overseas and not a one returned. These “War Horses” allowed machinery and guns to be moved about and rode men into battle. These  cold water bandages are what you’d apply to the horses front legs to cool them and reduce swelling and relieve pain. Well these bandages came home and they boast the WWl light green color and included was various pamphlets on military equine care. Very rare, hard to find and not something I’d care to part with 

375D0FD0-867E-440E-B185-135A3C6008FA.jpeg

Edited by Junkdrawer

13 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Board Games you say...

supermanadventuregame.jpg

superherogame1.jpg

supermanspeedgame.jpg

:applause:Nice! Of course classic Superman stuff is always cool to see, but that board game with the MLJ heroes is very special piece in its own right. Great examples