• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
17 17

1,545 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, PopKulture said:
1 hour ago, Ghastly542454 said:

What every kid wanted for Christmas in the early 1960's. 

Where's Barbie and Mystery Date?  :baiting:

...What every kid wanted in the early 60's for Christmas was Fireball XL5 :sumo: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I had never heard of that but a google shows why -- it only ran for one season before I was born.  Still, looks pretty cool as I would expect from Gerry Anderson's team.

On 12/17/2018 at 5:41 PM, Ghastly542454 said:

What every kid wanted for Christmas in the early 1960's. Robot Commando, Odd Ogg (Half Turtle Half Frog) Electronic Fighter Jet, and my favorite toy of all time-King Zor, The Fighting Dinosaur. It's A Wonderful Toy, It's Ideal!

5FCD5FFE-6A70-46B5-943E-83EC04E3E100.jpeg

My mother tossed my King Zor out when I left for college. :(  It was in really nice shape in the original box.  We used to take it out to play for special occasions.

My late father ran all over downtown to buy me one for Christmas in 1962.  The first one broke right away, so my father exchanged the broken one for a working one that lasted for years.

I have a Gottlieb El Dorado pinball machine from 1975 in my living room.  While in college, I played El Dorado for six straight hours on one quarter.  When I left, I still had nine replays on the machine.   The replay counter only went up to nine.  The machine has four flippers and fifteen drop targets on an asymmetric playing field.  You had to knock down all fifteen targets to trigger the special and really rack up the replays.  I have gotten the special and nine replays on the first ball.  My college roommate was a much better pinball player than I.

I can still remember the juke box playing "Pinball Wizard" by The Who.  "Since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.  From Brighton down to Soho I must have played them all..."

el_dorado-1975-f-1.jpg

Edited by BitterOldMan

20 hours ago, Ghastly542454 said:

How about these Revell Dr. Seuss kits from 1959-60 from my collection?

That Horton is awesome!