• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete Spider-Man Collection on eBay - $250K
2 2

36 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has been posted or discussed elsewhere: Very impressive complete Spider-Man collection on eBay including AF15, ASM #1-700 and all associated titles plus several other key issues not related to Spidey. Anybody know who this belongs to? I wonder if the $250K asking price is even close to reasonable...looks like the AF15 has some resto. Check it out...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Most-Incredible-Spidey-Collection-AF15-Six-Titles-Complete-95-NM/162576869364?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

If I understood the listing correctly, the seller only wants to sell to "collector", not a dealer or store owner?  I might be wrong, but in my experience, collectors like to piece their collection together by themselves.  Not sure who would shell out that sort of coin for this collection.  Obviously, there are some great books there, but who knows. Also, It does look to me like there is restoration on the AF 15.  

Whatever he's thinking, it's a pretty terrible title as far as searches go. "A Most Incredible Spidey Collection .. AF15 Six Titles Complete - 95% NM-"  

I would have started by at least including the actual name "Spider-Man" in there!

14 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Whatever he's thinking, it's a pretty terrible title as far as searches go. "A Most Incredible Spidey Collection .. AF15 Six Titles Complete - 95% NM-"  

I would have started by at least including the actual name "Spider-Man" in there!

I agree. I'd have started with "Amazing Fantasy #15 Spider-Man 1-700 / CGC"

That would have got everyone's attention and pre-loaded searches going.

7 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I agree. I'd have started with "Amazing Fantasy #15 Spider-Man 1-700 / CGC"

That would have got everyone's attention and pre-loaded searches going.

yeah, seems obvious that you'd start with these pieces of information: "Amazing Fantasy 15" and "Spider-Man". That's going to get the search results. "Incredible Spidey"? Not so much. ha

Edited by F For Fake

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

yeah, seems obvious that you'd start with these pieces of information: "Amazing Fantasy 15" and "Spider-Man". That's going to get the search results. "Incredible Spider"? Not so much. ha

Have to say, it puzzles me that someone with the wherewithal to amass that collection wouldn't think to use those words in the title of their $250K lot. Incredible. Hulk fans tuning in now.... 

I get a kick out of this pseudo-threat in the description:

"The seller will not renew this listing after the initial 30 days. Although he does not have to..... the seller would find it convenient to sell the books now.  If the books do not sell, the entire collection will be transferred to a climate controlled storage facility and remain there for an unspecified period of time."

46 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

"The seller will not renew this listing after the initial 30 days. Although he does not have to..... the seller would find it convenient to sell the books now.  If the books do not sell, the entire collection will be transferred to a climate controlled storage facility and remain there for an unspecified period of time."

Somebody buy it! Quick! We can't let the above happen! If we let the seller return it to the climate controlled storage facility we're never gonna get at it! Come to think of it, if these Spiderman books are transferred back to the climate controlled storage facility, there will be no more vintage Spiderman comics available for anyone, ever. 

Edited by NoMan
NO MORE SPIDERMAN COMICS ONCE COLLECTION GOES BACK TO CLIMATE CONTROLLED STORAGE FACILITY

36 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

What's the betting it does get relisted if it doesn't sell? 

I'll be back in 30 days.  

24 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Somebody buy it! Quick! We can't let the above happen! If we let the seller return it to the climate controlled storage facility we're never gonna get at it!

Hurry!

36 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I think the asking price is ridiculous. Other than 10-15 books the rest of the collection isn't an easy sell.

The follies of the Run Collector. Guilty as charged. :sorry:

There ought to be a rule that if you went against the grain and took the time/trouble/persecution of collecting a non-pressed  :fear:run and not just keys then your run is automatically worth 250k.  

Edited by NoMan

54 minutes ago, NoMan said:

The follies of the Run Collector. Guilty as charged. :sorry:

There ought to be a rule that if you went against the grain and took the time/trouble/persecution of collecting a non-pressed  :fear:run and not just keys then your run is automatically worth 250k.  

Works for me!