• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete Spider-Man Collection on eBay - $250K
2 2

36 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

They're also selling a Sub-Mariner 1 CGC 8.0 R for $1300, which is the better "investment?"

17 hours ago, Diamonddave said:

To my eye, the right edge of the cover looks to have been trimmed, poorly I might add.

Don't know about it looking trimmed - Looks like a bad cover-wrap. Maybe from a spine roll that was pressed out? Look at the front bottom left corner, you can see the cover is offset from the rest of the book and the back cover has a lot of the front edge showing beyond the staples.

He mentions in the Q & A section that the fortress desiccants go from Pink to Blue when they need changing, adding they have been Pink for 27 years. I may be wrong but I think they go from Blue to Pink = Pink means need to be changed.  His valuation on the AF15 is 66K. The resto left lots of stains. I also suspect some spine realignment. The book does not look good.

So this listing has been up for 30 days with no bites or accepted offline offers and is ending in 7 hour 23 min.  I imagine his poor title and description choice in omitting certain key words no doubt limited the number of views but I'm curious as a run owner how this might shake out.  I suspect it'll go back into storage or consigned to heritage/comiclink/etc eventually but makes for an interesting lesson to huge run collectors looking to sell all at once. 

The other thing that bothers me is he's marketing it to a collector but even says it in his description how much fun he had piecing it together.  That's what a run collector enjoys: the hunt and achievement.  Where's the fun buying it all at once even if you could easily afford his price: buying it as a starting point and then hunting for upgrades or better copies?

If you had the money how much over tree-fiddy would you pay for this 6-title run?  Hmm...I wonder if he has the Dell-Otto 667 variant.hm

Neat collection that I certainly would take a drive to Boston to see. That said it does trouble me when I see a collection containing slabbed books that has raw books that if slabbed would maximize the value.  Seller is obviously savvy as to the collection's worth.  Wonder what might be hiding?

IMO saying he wants to sell to a collector is really him saying he wants someone who is willing to bite at a high price.

Who else would? Keep in mind he cant say he wants a sap or rube.