• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant's ETERNAL WARRIOR starring Dave Bautista (TBD)
1 1

33 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2017 at 9:02 AM, Bosco685 said:

Solar 10 first printing has always been high when it comes to a 9.8 example. Then it nosedives down at the lower grades. So hopefully news like this helps bring more attention to this book.

As far as a linchpin villain, someone like Harada or Master Darque have strong potential of being that dominant force. Depending on what the storyline focus would be (meta-humans in general, or magic which influences this world).

I sold both my Solar #10 CGC 9.8's at auction this week.  

Unfortunately anyone can see this movie will suck.  Dave Bautista is a C level Rock or Arnold who can't act.

As a fan of valiant when I was a kid I am growing tired of this so called Valiant Universe allegedly coming to production.

How long ago have they announced Bloodshot and Harbinger and we havn't see jack swat yet.

Eternal Warrior is on pace already for a direct to netflix/video release.

It will blow balls!

That's exactly what people were saying about the new comics without Jim Shooter, without Magnus, Solar, and Turok prior to 2012.  Underestimating the guys at Valiant Entertainment is easy.  Thankfully, enjoying the bulk of what they produce has been even easier.  They make good stuff.  

You might be right about the Valiant movies.  If anyone expects a comic publisher with 1% of the market share to make movies that compete with Marvel and D.C. billion dollar franchises, then they're already comparing apples and planets.

However, if you think that Valiant will "blow balls" if they spend $20,000,000 on a movie that only makes $50,000,000 at the box office... well, I hope you can do math and reconsider.

It's better that you only own comics you like, so thanks for putting those Solar #10 CGC 9.8 into the hands of people who will enjoy them. (thumbsu

FYI, the last time I took $1,500 for a comic that I didn't particularly care to own anymore it went to $4,000 within two years and I didn't have it anymore.  You had to sell two of them to get to $1,500.  Just sayin'.

Edited by valiantman

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Questionable casting.  I guess they just want a name at this point, but I really don't see him in that role.  

It is being speculated that he may be playing Armstrong (the brother) in the Eternal Warrior movie.

It's also being speculated that he is playing Eternal Warrior in the Archer & Armstrong movie.

Either way, the Valiant CEO said that they will be making the movies different than the comics, but keeping the core concepts for the characters and stories.

Appearance isn't much of a core concept unless they make the Eternal Warrior in the movies look like Gamora or something. :D

Edited by valiantman

7 hours ago, nWo_22 said:
On 8/2/2017 at 9:02 AM, Bosco685 said:

Solar 10 first printing has always been high when it comes to a 9.8 example. Then it nosedives down at the lower grades. So hopefully news like this helps bring more attention to this book.

I sold both my Solar #10 CGC 9.8's at auction this week.  

What kind of prices are the 9.8 graded copies going for in today's marketplace, as opposed to the 9.4 and 9.6 graded copies?  hm

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

What kind of prices are the 9.8 graded copies going for in today's marketplace, as opposed to the 9.4 and 9.6 graded copies?  hm

It's been a little while since I followed the market on this book, but the gulf was something like $600 for a 9.8 and $100 for a 9.6. Now that I think about it, I might've seen a 9.8 go for more than $600 and that's when I gave up on getting one, but it's a little fuzzy now. Solar was the one Valiant launch series I jumped into from issue 1 and kept up with for several years. The first 10 issues were great. I've always loved #10.

I have had 6 Solar #10's pressed and CGC graded all to come back 9.6. One is dual signed by Shooter and Layton. It's just a tough book to get 9.8 with the all black front and back cover. Congrats to those who have gotten a 9.8. I would like to see Bautista in a role, just not the Gilad role. It will be interesting to see what develops in the coming months in regard to this....

On 8/3/2017 at 7:58 AM, valiantman said:

I'm a little skeptical that Solar #10 and Magnus #12 were actually the 16th and 17th rarest early Valiant books, just because it's too convenient for Valiant to list the Top 15 Rarest and then have the two most popular "others" in 16th and 17th... it's more like "honorable mention".  However, both Magnus #12 and Solar #10 had very high cover prices ($3.50 and $3.95)... which would have kept the orders lower than if they had been $2.25.

Greg - I don't disagree with your skepticism, but I'm just reiterating what was reported in those three issues of Valiant Voice more than 20 years ago.

I don't have them anymore, but from what I recall, Solar # 9 was listed among the top 15 rarest, so I don't think it's a stretch that Solar 10 (with its much higher cover price) was the second-rarest issue of Solar.

Also recall that no issues of Magnus were listed among the top 15 rarest. Which would make their footnote of Magnus 12 at "16th or 17th rarest" the lowest-printed of the first 16 issues of Magnus.

Also not hard to believe, given it wasn't a coupon book and had a $3.25 cover price.

Believe it was Valiant Voice # 2-4 that listed the top 15 rarest Valiant books, with either # 2 or 4 citing the info on Magnus 12 and Solar 10.

Anyone have them and can check (and/or provide a scan)?

11 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:
21 hours ago, lou_fine said:

It's been a little while since I followed the market on this book, but the gulf was something like $600 for a 9.8 and $100 for a 9.6.

That's too bad as I have a few copies which I cherry picked off the shelves of the various LCS's when they first hit the stores.  Definitely very difficult to find a flawless copy given the solid black cover, if I remember correctly as I had to go through a ton of them to get my copies.  :frown:

Doesn't sound like they are slab worthy though since I always like to knock CGC grades down by at least a notch or so, just from a grading margin error point of view.  Oh well, maybe I have to wait another decade or so for them to be really worth something.  :taptaptap: