• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is gocollect a good website to price?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am using this website, gocollect.com, to price comic books that I have but I don't know if it is a reliable website to use, this is the website link, http://comics.gocollect.com/priceguide/view/140143 .  Is this a good website to use? Does it give good pricing estimates? and is it also reliable to use? 

Thank you for your help. 

It's pretty good - it basically uses Ebay sales to track slabbed comic prices. It goes back much further than the 3 months you can get via Ebay yourself (I think it goes 2 years but not sure), and you can sort by grade, include both or either CGC / CBCS, and also just Signature Series books. I also like that you can click-through individual sales to look at the actual Ebay completed listing (I sometimes like looking at how the bidding went fthe most recent sales or any particular outliers). 

It doesn't include other auction sites (like Heritage) that GPA would, but it's also about half the price. 

Unless you're looking for pricing on more rarified books that don't transact frequently on Ebay, it's a very good indicator of where market prices are for  slabbed books. Quite a few people on the boards use it as well. 

I use it in conjunction with ebay sold listings.  The only caveat I would say is that sometimes the prices don't reflect current rates because they collect sales over time.  At the same time, you cannot just narrow searches to very recent dates because some comics don't move that fast so there may only be one of two sales, not enough to get an accurate price.  So I'd say use it but not exclusively