• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOME G.A. HERO & PRE-CODE GOODNESS
3 3

40 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

:banana: There are about five of these pre-code books that I think are absolutely incredible and in my wheelhouse and that one is probably in my number two position. I love wanted 52 

Nothing beats patiently waiting to nab a GRAIL and finally getting it !! way to go !!:tink:

21 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:
52 minutes ago, Supernerd said:

MASTER COMICS #25 CGC 9.0 CR/OW ROCKFORD PEDIGREE ABSOLUTELY STUNNING & DYNAMIC MAC RABOY WWII COVER & ART THERE'S A 1/2 PAGE SPLASH IN THIS ISSUE DEPICTING THE INCREDIBLE COVER IMAGE $4800

master comics 25.jpg

master comics 25 back.jpg

oh, my.

What he said, but double. 

MENACE #5 CGC 7.5 OW CLASSIC BILL EVERETT COVER & ART 1ST APPEARANCE OF THE ZOMBIE!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE 2ND HIGHEST GRADED COPY ON THE CGC CENSUS BEHIND A SINGLE 8.5.  PRESENTS MUCH NICER THAN THE ASSIGNED GRADE.  I GUARANTEE THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND A NICER COPY $7500 SOLD

menace 5.jpg

menace 5 back.jpg

Edited by Supernerd
SOLD

7 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

take it

59839125abdce_wanted52back.jpg.a82225227

Nice take, Rick! Wanted 52 looks great in that grade. But what got my eye is the back cover. This is possibly the earliest anti-smoking advertising I have ever had seen on back covers of comic books or inside. Dated February 1953! 

Would I be wrong to say it is that early or was there a more earlier one before this?

Back to the thread ... wow, amazing great books! Love the Master Comics ... beautiful copy.

DOLL MAN #46 CGC 7.0 WHITE PAGES SUPER SWEET/BIZARRE COVER.  THE LATER ISSUES OF DOLL MAN HAVE SOME PRETTY INTERESTING COVERS AND ART & THEY SEEM TO BE SIGNIFICANTLY TOUGHER TO FIND IN DECENT GRADE THAN THE EARLIER ISSUES. THE BAD GUY ALMOST LOOKS LIKE A MR. FREEZE PROTOTYPE :insane: TIED WITH ONE OTHER COPY AT THE TOP OF THE CGC CENSUS.  WOULDN'T MIND TUCKING THIS ONE BACK IN THE "KEEPER" PILE  OFF TO COMIC LINK

doll man 46.jpg

doll man 46 back.jpg

Edited by Supernerd
OFF TO COMIC LINK

MYSTERIOUS ADVENTURES #13 GD- CLASSIC SKULL COVER CHIP OUT OF THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE FRONT COVER, 1.5" COVER SPLIT AT THE BOTTOM COVER, CREASING, TEARS, AND LIGHT STAINING THAT ARE CONSISTENT WITH THE GRADE. THE COVER IS FIRMLY ATTACHED WITH VIBRANT COLORS AND THE PAGE QUALITY IS SOLID. NO PAGES OR PANELS MISSING.  PURCHASED THIS FROM A TOP-NOTCH BOARDIE WHO GRADED IT AS GOOD BUT I'M GOING TO BE A LITTLE CONSERVATIVE & GO WITH THE ASSIGNED GRADE ON THE CERTIFICATE.  THIS BOOK COMES FROM THE IRS COLLECTION & THE COA IS INCLUDED $350 SOLD

mysterious adventures 13.jpg

mysterious adventures 13 back.jpg

mysterious adventures 13 interior.jpg

mysterious adventures 13 cert.jpg

Edited by Supernerd
SOLD